Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Global Sales Director
Oil & Gas
Element has an opportunity for a Global Sales Director - Oil and Gas to lead the commercial sales function across the O&G business, mentor and further build the team to drive best practice and a culture of commercial excellence, in addition to implementing the systems and processes required to support the ongoing development and professionalization of the commercial side of the business.
You will be part of the Senior Management Team reporting to the Oil & Gas EVP. The primary function of the Global Sales Director is leading and coaching a team of over 30 sales professionals responsible for >$80M revenue to drive profitable growth both within current customer base and new prospects, to increase customer satisfaction, drive productivity and achieve and exceed objectives. The ideal candidate will be based in one of our offices in the UK, Europe or Houston, Texas in the USA.
In this role you will display and cascade an Enterprise mentality and create a positive environment whilst being responsible for the prioritization and assignment of resources to the best opportunities and potential customers, setting clear goals and priorities for direct reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure sales resources are aligned with Element’s Sales ‘Go To Market’ strategy
- Create and review Strategic Plan and Annual Plan to ensure adherence to initiatives and objectives
- Ensure sales team uses desired behaviours and actions to execute the sales strategy
- Drive proactive positive enterprise sales approach through the commercial organization
- Achieve rollup sales goals through effective coaching and managing of direct reports
- Drive successful utilization of the CRM system in line with the Group’s Sales SOP ensuring that all members of the sales team use it for sales and account planning
- Coach sales resources to determine best course of action to advance sales opportunities
- Engage other Element resources to help team to advance opportunities
- Partners with Operations when needed in order to have seamless execution
- Assess direct reports and provide them with tools necessary to improve the required skills and competencies
- Ensure the sales resources are prioritizing highest opportunity accounts
- Drive quotation management team to adhere to customer requirement
- Drive new customer acquisition and penetration
- Work cross-sector to maximise sales opportunities
What are we looking for?
- Fifteen years of Sales experience, of which 5-10 years of sales management experience; ideally in oil and gas engineering services or testing, inspection, certification (TIC) organisations
- Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of an 8 digit order intake budget responsibility
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Remote management of an international (or very large multi-state region) sales team
- Proven ability to read and interpret documents such as customer quotes / contracts, marketing materials, and customer testing specifications
- Prior experience writing routine reports and correspondence with ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and proportions
- Must have valid Driver’s License, with an acceptable driving record
- Ability to interface with clients, win new work and determine their requirements; helps develops proposals including cost estimates, work plan and terms and conditions
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource.
A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise. Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for Element and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Find out why Element is the Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector by visiting our website. We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org