Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The food we eat. The water we drink. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Trainee NDT Technician (IUT)
37.5 hours per week
Offering qualified expertise in non-destructive testing, Element Sheffield services some of the largest Engineering businesses in the world who know that the integrity of their products’ components is critical to both safety and performance. Imperfections, while often difficult to detect, can result in failures that have consequences far beyond the commercial cost. The non-destructive testing (NDT) that Element conducts is a highly effective way to detect even the smallest damage or imperfection in materials before or during their operational life.
Element is looking for a Trainee NDT Technician to join its growing Aerospace facility in Sheffield. Reporting to the NDT Supervisor, your main responsibilities will include:
· Preparation of components and parts for testing, including:
· Unpacking of jobs received
· Vapour degreasing
· Re-packing of completed jobs
· Working to a wide range of specifications working alongside assisting testing technicians
· Assisting in work across all departments in the laboratory, involving other NDT methods, as required
What we are looking for?
· Good general education including English and Maths
· Previous experience is not required as full training will be provided
· Passion for developing a career in Engineering is essential
· An awareness of and passion for health and safety
· A basic knowledge of relevant testing standards would be highly advantageous but not required
Who we are looking for?
· Professional and hardworking individual
· Ability to work effectively alone as well as part of a team
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong analytical way of working as well as excellent problem solving skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Full training and support will be provided for the successful candidate
Candidates who are successful in the position will progress onto qualification processes
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource.
A role with Element will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise. Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work. Work for Element and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Find out why Element is the Employer of Choice within the TIC Sector by visiting our website. We are an equal opportunities employer. We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org