Element provides community access television (CATV) testing and satellite TV testing for manufacturers of coaxial cable, wireless products, twisted pairs, and fiber optic transmission products, from headend systems to end users.
Our product qualification labs perform a variety of test methods for CATV and satellite equipment, including cables, connectors, splitters, amplifiers, fiber jumpers, Ethernet cables, fiber-to-home products, and more. From EMC requirements to environmental considerations, our global platform of labs are accredited to provide testing to a range of standards, including Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE), IEC, Telcordia, and EIA/TIA requirements.
Our CATV testing capabilities
Element’s CATV testing capabilities cover requirements for a variety of equipment types, from headend or plant products to fiber optic and coaxial cables. Our experts specialize in every area of telecoms testing, from new product development to performance verification.
High Definition Multimedia Interface Cable Testing Services
Multi-Channel Fiber Optic Testing Services
Our CATV testing labs have unparalleled ability to monitor the transmission performance of fiber optic products. Our new multi-channel systems can measure backscatter and transmission performance of headend products, for both single mode and multi-mode testing at multiple wavelengths.
Shielding Effectiveness, Transfer Impedance and Coupling Attenuation
As part of our unique service offering, Element provides several EMC testing methods for CATV testing, including G-TEM cells and active component shielding effectiveness. To anticipate changes in the market, we have also recently added a CoMET Triaxial Cavity system for IEC 62153 requirements. While this method is primarily used in European markets, it is being strongly considered as a new standard for the broadband industry.
We perform a variety of environmental testing methods to simulate the working environment of telecom equipment. Some of the methods that we test include fungus resistance, seismic testing, wind and driven rain, altitude testing, ozone exposure, UV weathering, solar loading, thermal testing and more.
Standards We Test To
We are A2LA accredited to many SCTE standards for CATV testing, including:
- ANSI/SCTE 03 - Test Method for Coaxial Cable Structural Return Loss
- ANSI/SCTE 04 - Test Method for “F” Connector Return Loss
- ANSI/SCTE 05 - Test Method for “F” Connector Return Loss In-line Pair
- ANSI/SCTE 16 – Test Procedure for Hum Modulation
- ANSI/SCTE 32 - Ampacity of Coaxial Telecommunications Cables
- ANSI/SCTE 47 - Test Method for Coaxial Cable Attenuation
- ANSI/SCTE 48-1 - Test Method for Measuring Shielding Effectiveness of Passive and Active Devices Using a GTEM
- ANSI /SCTE 48-3 - Test Procedure for Measuring Shielding Effectiveness of Braided Coaxial Drop Cable Using the GTEM Cell
- ANSI/SCTE 49 - Test Method for Velocity of Propagation
- ANSI/SCTE 66 - Test Method for Coaxial Cable Impedance
- ANSI/SCTE 74 – Specification for Braided 75 Ohm Flexible RF Coaxial Cable Drop
- ANSI/SCTE 78 – Test Method for Transfer Impedance
- ANSI/SCTE 81 - Surge Withstand Test Procedure
- ANSI/SCTE 144 - Test Procedure for Measuring Transmission and Reflection
- ANSI/SCTE 145 – Test Method for Second Harmonic Distortion of Passives Using a Single Carrier
- ANSI/SCTE 09 2010 – Test Method for Cold Bend
- ANSI/SCTE 10 2008 – Test Method for Flexible Coaxial Cable Impact
- ANSI/SCTE 31 2007 – Test Method for Measuring Diameter Over Core
- ANSI/SCTE 33 2010 – Test Method for Diameter of Drop Cable
- ANSI/SCTE 34 – Test Method for Cored Depth Verification
- ANSI/SCTE 39 – Test Method for Static Minimum Bending Radius for Coaxial Trunk, Feeder and Distribution Cables
- ANSI/SCTE 51 2007 – Test Method for Determining Drop Cable Braid Coverage
- ANSI/SCTE 60 2010 – Test Method for Interface Moisture Migration Double Ended
- ANSI/SCTE 69 2007 – Test Method for Moisture Inhibitor Corrosion Resistance
- ANSI/SCTE 73 2007 – Test Method for Insertion Force of Connector to Drop Cable Interface
- ANSI/SCTE 99 2009 – Test Method for Axial Pull Connector/Drop Cable
- ANSI/SCTE 143 2007 – Test Method for Salt Spray
- ANSI/SCTE 191 – Test Method for Axial Pull Force, Female “F” port
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.
More from Element
Element helps companies achieve compliance against global safety standards for 167 countries.
We support telecoms companies from the initial product design phase through testing and approval of telecoms components.
We can help with EMC and safety testing and assist manufacturers who want to take their radio and wireless product to the global market
product testing laboratories
Element's product qualification testing labs span the US, UK and Germany, providing testing services to clients in Aerospace, Transportation, Oil and Gas and more.