Understanding Testing and Approval of Radio Modules in North America
A guide to understanding the differences between testing and approval of radio modules to meet FCC and ISED Canada requirements.
When seeking to get radio equipment approved for use by meeting the regulatory requirements, it is crucial to separate the process of testing from approval and understand the difference. Certification for radio transmitters is required in North America by both the FCC and the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Decanada (ISED Canada).
To learn more about FCC and ISED certification requirements to expedite your route to market, download the free article below.
Understanding Testing and Approval of Radio Modules in North America includes guidance on:
- The difference between testing and approval
- FCC certification and ISED Canada certification
- Modular approval
- The FCC grant
- Clear installation instructions
- Understanding compliance from the installer’s perspective
- Technical requirement responsibilities
- Legal responsibilities