Alistair brings with him over 30 years of industry experience in computational analysis across a range of industries including oil & gas, renewables and offshore wind, and defence. He holds a Professional Engineering license.
After graduation with his bachelor’s degree, Alistair initially entered the defence industry with the UK Ministry of Defence, progressing to Senior Professional Technology Officer involved in aircraft gas turbines and guided anti-armour weapon projects.
Alistair then joined the energy industry, based in Aberdeen, Scotland. He worked in an advanced computational analysis role for a prime contractor performing non-linear FEA and CFD on a wide range of structural integrity and fluid flow projects and designing foundation structures for offshore wind turbines. Remaining in energy sector he then joined a fledgling engineering consultancy business specialising in digital engineering and an early adopter of a wider use of CFD in the oil and gas sector. This business grew to the point where Alistair emigrated to the US to open an office in Houston, Texas. Where he has resided since 2006.
Alistair joined Element Digital Engineering in 2022 and is responsible for developing the business and technical capability in North America. He works closely with his UK colleagues and remains technically engaged in a variety of projects. Alistair is based in our Houston office.
- CFD of Multiphase Flows and Turbulence
Sliding bubble heat transfer
- Fracture mechanics web tool development (Flaw IQ)
- Medical Device development (VENDYS endothelial function monitoring technology)
- Lecturer for Intro to Mechanics (University of Houston)
- Industry training facilitator for fracture mechanics, fatigue and failure analysis, (clients include Dril-Quip and Los Alamos National Lab)
- Digital Engineering
- Finite Element Analysis in particular highly non-linear problems
- Thermo-fluid sciences
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Structural Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical – 1st Class Honours
- Professional Engineer, Texas
- Oil & Gas
- Offshore and Subsea
- Fire & Blast
Element Digital Engineering
Utilize modeling, simulation, data science, and other digital solutions to help our customers solve complex problems.
Our team helps you get the most from your assets and products at every stage of the lifecycle to help you to stay ahead of the competition.
Take your business on a digital transformation journey with Element to drive performance, predict future outcomes and solve complex problems.READ MORE