Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is a computer based methodology that Element uses to analyse the strength of complex structures and systems to provide an accurate prediction of how a material, product or component is likely to respond when they are subjected to thermal and structural loads in service. It is a service that is typically used to support our clients in the design phase of a component or product to either augment or replace experimental testing and is often used to verify design integrity and identify critical locations on components without having to build the part or assembly.
Element offers advanced FEA services on both metallic and advanced material based products and components to support product development, simulation of service loading conditions, design optimization, product life time estimation and failure analysis.
We use ABAQUS and MARC software as part of our FEA service
Our FEA service is complemented by a wide range of materials testing services to generate the requisite data and models for subsequent input into FE models to validate the analysis predictions.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Services
The various Finite Element Analyses available from Element include:
- Static Stress Analysis
- Design Optimisation
- Non-Linear Stress Analysis Including Large Deformation and Contact
- Time Dependent Analysis for Long-term Response (Creep, Stress Relaxation)
- Crack Growth Modelling (J-Integral, Cohesive Zone, Virtual Crack Closure Technique)
- Fatigue Life and Durability Analysis
- Damage Tolerance and Effect of Defect of Composite
- Dynamic Analysis Including Frequency and Vibration
- Impact Analysis and High Rate Deformation
- Engineering Critical Assessment of Structures
- Thermal/Heat Transfer Analysis
- Fully Coupled and Uncoupled Thermal-stress Analysis
- Fluid Diffusion/Permeation into Polymers