Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is a computer based methodology that Element uses to analyse the strength of complex structures and systems to provide an accurate prediction of how a material, product or component is likely to respond when they are subjected to thermal and structural loads in service in support of product development, simulation of service loading conditions, design optimization and failure analysis.
We use Abaqus, MARC, Nastran and SolidWorks software to model the durability, fatigue and life prediction of components and complete products.
Our FEA service range includes:
- Static Stress Analysis
- Design Optimization
- Non-Linear Analysis
- Large Deformation and Contact
- Time Dependent Analysis (Creep, Stress Relaxation)
- Crack Growth Modelling (J-Integral, Cohesive Zone, Virtual Crack Closure Technique)
- Fatigue Life and Durability Analysis
- Damage Tolerance of Composite
- Dynamic Analysis Including Frequency and Vibration
- Impact and High Rate Deformation
- Engineering Critical Assessment of Structures
- Heat Transfer Analysis
- Thermal-stress Analysis
- Fluid Diffusion/Permeation into Polymers
These services are further complemented by a wide range of other material testing capabilities to generate the baseline data and for input into FE models and the ability to offer design, development and commissioning services for customized tests both at a component and at structural levels.