Market Development Manager for E&L at Element Life Sciences Manchester. 25+ years of pharmaceutical analysis specialising in trace impurity analysis and extractables and leachables.
Mike started his career as a graduate chemist working in the corporate analytical laboratory at a multinational specialty chemical company. Following an acquisition by a large CRO, Mike moved into the spectroscopy area, focusing on NMR and LCMS of pharmaceutical and specialty polymer products.
Prior to joining Element in June 2023, Mike led an analytical function specializing in extractable and leachable testing, providing expert support for a worldwide client base.
- Established forensic drugs laboratory to support NW police forces
- Project manager for a number of UK and EU-funded external collaborative research projects
- Team leader for E&L team at a large UK-based CRO
- Science Lead for cross-functional trace impurity analytical function
- Extractables and Leachables
- Structural characterization
- Polymer deformulation
- Genotoxic impurity analysis
- Technical writing
- Former committee member for PASG
- Accepted onto the UK Government’s OPSS (Office for Product Safety and Standards) Register of Specialists in Dec 2021.
- Delivered >25 conference presentations
- Consumer healthcare
- Specialty chemicals and polymers
- Forensic drugs
Extractables & Leachables Studies
Element has one of the largest and most experienced extractables and leachables (E&L) practices in the world.
Backed by regulatory expertise, extensive experience, and a vast extractables database, our comprehensive E&L solutions ensure the safety of materials used across the healthcare sector.
We deliver tailored studies for pharmaceutical, biologic, medical device, reduced risk, combination products and more, in accordance with regulatory expectations.READ MORE