Raw Material Testing
To ensure safe medicine for the public, pharmaceutical manufacturing relies on three pillars of knowledge.
- Identity of the active ingredient
- Purity of the active ingredient, also called strength
- Quality of material, i.e., what impurities are also present
Manufacturers need to understand the quality of these raw materials regardless of whether their product is an old or new drug, a tablet, a syrup or an inhaler. All raw materials must be tested for those quality attributes before manufacturing to ensure they are suitable for use.
To learn more about the testing options to validate your raw materials, download the free white paper below.
The Raw Material Testing white paper includes
- A partial list of instrumentation required to perform these analyses
- Various characteristics and types of analyses used to identify raw materials