BM TRADA is a recognized leader in chain of custody certification, providing robust forest products certification schemes and verification programs for products that are not FSC™ or PEFC™ certified.
As an international certification body, BM TRADA has developed its chain of custody scheme that recognizes that there are certification schemes and forest management initiatives operating in various parts of the world where currently there is no route to market for products because of the absence of independent verification of the chain of custody.
As part of the development process, some of these initiatives may have undergone verification by independent forestry consultants to determine if they would comply, for example, with the UK Government’s Timber Procurement Policy for timber products that are “legal and progressing towards sustainability.”
Element’s market-leading team of certification experts, BM TRADA, has developed a scheme that seeks to support such initiatives and provide unaccredited certification under our forest products scheme. Our services provide assurance of responsible harvesting and respectful practices, allowing our customers to promote their forest products around the world.
For more information about our forest products certification services, or to speak with one of our experts, contact us today.
BM TRADA’s certification experts have a thorough knowledge of the chain of custody certification, and our forest products certification schemes include:
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
- Malaysian Timber Certification Council (MTTC)
Our experts are experienced across a range of forest products verification programs, including:
- Bureau Veritas Origine & Légalité Du Bois (OLB)
- Certisource Program
- Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT)
- Rainforest Alliance Standard for Verification of Legal Origin
- Rainforest Alliance Standard for Verification of Legal Compliance
- Rainforest Alliance Smartstep Program
- SGS Timber Legality and Traceability Verification Program (TLTV)
- SGS Mandatory Legal Timber Validation Program (MLTV)
- SGS Voluntary Legal Timber Validation Program (VLTV)
- SVLK Timber Legality Assurance System (TLAS)
- The Forest Trust Members Program
- Wood Tracking Program (WTP) and Legal Verification Services (LVS)
More from Element
Responsibly Sourced Certification for Soy, Cocoa, and Animal Feed
BM TRADA provides expert responsibly sourced certification for soy, cocoa, and animal feed, helping you prove the sustainability of your product.
Management Systems Certification
Gaining and maintaining management systems certification can help your company optimize operations, mitigate risks, and improve customer satisfaction.
Chain of Custody Certification
Element’s team of experts provide certification of your timber products and assurance that the wood you use originates from responsibly sourced forests.
BM TRADA’s certification team of engaged experts provide a wide range of certification to services to a diverse range of industry sectors. Learn more about BM TRADA certification by visiting their website.