Exposure to sweet fluids, brines and other treatment fluids can be performed up to temperatures of 230°C and pressures of 1000 bar as well as rapid gas decompression tests.
Tests can be performed to following standards:
NORSOK M-710 / ISO 23936
Element is an independent company that has over 25 years experience of performing NORSOK / ISO 23936 tests, including rapid gas decompression. Hitchin staff have made large contributions to both standards and are members on the ISO standards Working Group committee.
Tests are performed according to:
ISO 23936-1: which deals with sweet ageing of thermoplastics
ISO 23936-2: which deals with sweet ageing and RGD of elastomers
NORSOK M-710: which deals with sweet ageing and RGD of elastomers and sweet ageing of thermoplastics
Various RGD Standards
Element test to a variety of RGD standards. These include:
- ISO 13628/2 API 17J “Specification for Unbonded Flexible Pipe”
- Shell ED Test Procedure
- Total GS PVV 142 Appendix 8 “Elastomer O-ring Seals Explosive Decompression Type Testing Procedure”
- NACE TM0192 “Evaluating Elastomeric Materials in Carbon Dioxide Decompression Environments”
- NACE TM0297 “Effects of High-Temperature, High-Pressure Carbon Dioxide Decompression on Elastomeric Materials”
ISO 10423 F.1.11 & F.1.13 (API 6A)
- Appendix F.1.11 Pressure / Temperature Cycling Test
- Appendix F.1.13 Fixture and Immersion Test to class AA/BB and CC
- The high pressure temperature cycling and sub-ambient portions of the fixture tests are performed in a large, dedicated thermal room.
- Element have over 15 years experience in performing the F.1.11 and F.1.13 Fixture Tests on various sized test vessels.
ISO 13628-4 (API 17D)
Section 22.214.171.124 Life-cycle/endurance testing. This 200 cycle pressure test is performed on valves, chokes and actuators for example, at room temperature with water. It can be run fully automated within a working day.
Assessment of the thermal, physical and mechanical performance of thermal insulation coating materials on pipe, field joints and components.A fully instrumented 0.8m diameter SST (Simulated Service Test) vessel for two 5m long insulated pipes capable of being heated to 200°C internally with up to 250 bar external water pressure at 4°C for tests lasting up to 12 months.These subsea wet insulation coatings can then be thoroughly assessed in Element’s labs for changes in mechanical and thermal properties brought about by the simulated service conditions.