Element offers a comprehensive range of evaluation services for building materials used in the construction industry to help make certain that the materials perform as required when in-situ.
Our building materials testing programs focus on defining various performance criteria to validate material properties such as: density, compression, tensile, flexural, rigidity, corrosion, dimensional stability, temperature limits, water vapor absorption/ transmission, thermal R-value, volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions and long-term thermal resistance (LTTR) of closed-cell thermal insulating foams.
Element also offers custom design evaluation programs for a specific site or geographic location. Qualifying construction materials for export or import is also a routine service.
Our building materials testing programs and compliance testing is done in accordance with all recognized standards, building codes or the requirements set by industry or government certification and labeling programs.
Air, vapor and water resistive barriers:
- Felts and compressed building papers
- Sheathing membrane, breather type
- Vapor barrier, polyethylene sheet
- Liquid applied barriers
Cladding materials and building panels:
- Bricks, synthetic masonry veneers and EIFS systems
- Gypsum wallboard, sheathing board and plasters
- Prefabricated architectural acoustical tile or lay-in ceiling panels
- Wood-base fiber and particle panel materials
- Rigid vinyl siding, soffits and fascia
- Ceramics, terrazzo and epoxy floor systems
- Vinyl composition floor tile
- Sheet vinyl floor covering
- Rubber floor tile
- Solid vinyl floor tile
- Hardwood and laminate flooring
- Slip and fall site testing
- Batt insulation
- Blown or loose fill materials
- Rigid board or blocks - extruded or expanded
- Pipe insulation
- Flat roof insulation systems
- Spray applied insulation products
- Air sealant foams (1 or 2 part)