Element’s specialized product qualification laboratories deliver certainty when validating components and systems to the rigorous standards of MIL-STD-810 Testing.
MIL-STD-810 testing includes simulation of a broad range of environmental conditions including vibration, shock, explosive atmosphere, rain, fungus, sand and dust, and extremes of temperature, humidity and pressure. Although MIL-STD 810 test methods were specifically developed for military and defense applications, many of the methods are often used for commercial products as well.
MIL-STD 810 Testing Capabilities
Element can test to all iterations of MIL-STD-810, including the current revision (MIL-STD-810G). With specialized product testing laboratories in the US and Europe, we have the technical strength to support even the most complex programs. We routinely support major test plan and design projects in the USA, UK and Europe.
Element combines technical excellence with project management expertise, on-time delivery and high capacity to support military and defense projects from start to finish. We regularly perform many major aerospace and defense test standards, including RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD-461, DEF STAN 59-411 and DEF STAN 00-35, as well as other legal and contractual obligations.
Accredited MIL-STD-810 Testing Services
MIL-STD-810 testing subjects a wide range of component and equipment types, from small parts to sub-assemblies, to simulated environmental conditions.
Element is a single-source provider for MIL-STD-810 testing. Our labs are equipped to test a wide range of component and equipment types, from small parts to sub-assemblies.
We are accredited to test the following sections of MIL-STD-810:
- MIL-STD 810 Method 500 Low Pressure (Altitude)
- MIL-STD 810 Method 501 High Temperature
- MIL-STD 810 Method 502 Low Temperature
- MIL-STD 810 Method 503 Temperature Shock
- MIL-STD 810 Method 504 Contamination by Fluids
- MIL-STD 810 Method 505 Solar Radiation (Sunshine)
- MIL-STD 810 Method 506 Rain (Wind/Blown Rain)
- MIL-STD 810 Method 507 Humidity
- MIL-STD 810 Method 508 Fungus
- MIL-STD 810 Method 509 Salt Fog
- MIL-STD 810 Method 510 Sand and Dust
- MIL-STD 810 Method 511 Explosive Atmosphere
- MIL-STD 810 Method 512 Immersion
- MIL-STD 810 Method 513 Acceleration
- MIL-STD 810 Method 514 Vibration
- MIL-STD 810 Method 515 Acoustic Noise
- MIL-STD 810 Method 516 Shock
- MIL-STD 810 Method 518 Acidic Atmosphere
- MIL-STD 810 Method 519 Gunfire Vibration
- MIL-STD 810 Method 520 Temp, Humidity, Vibration
- MIL-STD 810 Method 521 Icing, Freezing Rain
- MIL-STD 810 Method 522 Ballistic Shock
More MIL-STD and Environmental Testing Services
Although MIL-STD 810 test series is the most widely used of the MIL-STD defense standards, Element's environmental simulation labs also perform product-specific MIL-STD testing including:
- DEF STAN 00-35, Environmental Handbook for Defense Materiel
- DEF STAN 59-411, Test Method Standard, Electromagnetic Compatibility
- MIL-STD 202, Test Method Standard, Electronic & Electrical Component Parts
- MIL-STD 461, Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics Requirements For Equipment
- MIL-STD 883, Test Method Standard, Microcircuits
- MIL-STD 1344, Test Methods for Electrical Connectors
Services Supporting MIL-STD-810 Testing
We are also able to deliver a unique range of wider testing and validation often required by military equipment manufacturers during qualification, such as:
- Engineering Simulation
- Finite Element Analysis
- CE Marking
- Product Compliance Services
- EMC/EMI Testing
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.
In addition to vibration testing, Element provides a range of dynamics testing including acceleration, shock, drop, structural, fatigue and rotating load simulations.
Element can provide you with critically important data on your product or part's performance in response to typical or extreme environmental stresses and conditions.
Element has over 50 years experience in working with a wide range of Defense Product and System manufacturers from the initial concept of their products and on to the complex testing that is required of modern defense equipment.
Local laboratories, global platform
Doing business with one of our laboratories enables our clients' access to our global platform of expertise, capacity and capabilities.