Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and semi-volatile organic compounds (SVOCs) are chemicals that easily evaporate under normal conditions and are highly regulated in everything from cars to furniture. Element performs VOC and SVOC testing to help ensure that your products are compliant with all applicable health and safety standards.
Exposure to some of these chemicals has been linked to a variety of health issues. Therefore it is critical to ensure that your products and materials comply with safety guidelines and legislation restricting the use of substances. Element employs a variety of test methods to evaluate a range of material types and can assist with virtually any VOC or SVOC testing project, including emissions testing.
VOC Testing Equipment
Regulations require VOCs and SVOCs to be tested at extremely low concentrations. Our laboratories use highly sensitive equipment to ensure that results are reported accurately and completely, even at low detection levels.
For more information about our VOC and SVOC testing services, or to request a quote, contact us today.
Automotive VOC services
- Interior materials and components
- 1,3-butadiene in air from 1 cubic meter chamber - wet chemical method
- 1,3-butadiene content - headspace method
- Determination of aldehyde and ketones from interior materials
- Determination of emission of organic compounds - headspace GC
- Determination of formaldehyde emission in vehicle interior materials
- Determination of organic emissions in vehicle interiors by headspace GC
- Determination of organic emissions in vehicle interiors
- Determination of VOC/SVOC from interior materials
- Determination of VOC in interior components
- Emission behavior of components in a chamber
- Interior air of road vehicles - high temperature
- Microscale method
- Odor by sampling bag from 1 cubic meter chamber
- Interior - emission behavior
- Screening method
- Sampling bag method
- Static headspace GC/MS for interior materials
- Cabin parts
- Determination of VOC in cabin parts
- Vehicle parts
- Determination of VOC from parts in vehicle compartment
- Determination of VOC from vehicle parts
- Determination of aldehydes and ketones, parts, components, materials
- Emission behavior of parts in a chamberPart assembly and full vehicle
- Analysis of formaldehyde and carbonyl compounds by HPLC
- Determination of VOC emission in part assembly
- Determination of formaldehyde - bottle test
- Emission with air exchange in a testing chamber
- Formaldehyde bottle method - HPLC determination
- Measuring emissions of formaldehyde
- Olfactory behavior in a testing chamber
- Performance vehicle air quality material requirements
- Thermal desorption analysis of organic emissions
Tests we perform
- BMW GS97014-3
- BMW GS97014-4
- Butadiene from DBL 5430
- EN 13130-4
- FCA CS13398
- FLTM BZ108
- FLTM BZ156-01
- FLTM BZ157-01
- ISO 12219-2
- ISO 12219-4 and OEM Variants
- All Japanese and Korean OEM Test Methods
- ISO 12219-6
- ISO 12219-7
- ISO 12219-9
- VCS 1027,2739
- VCS 1027,2749
- VCS 1027,2759
- VCS 1027,2769
- VW PV2942
- VW PV3341
- VW PV3925
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.
More from Element
Element Adds VOC Testing in US Mid-West
Element has responded to client demand by adding Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) testing services for materials and finishes used within automotive interiors.
Find out more about Element's automotive testing services that support innovation and deliver improved time to market.
We offer world-class materials expertise in polymers, elastomers, thermoplastics, composites and structural adhesives.
Find out how Element's chemistry teams work with our customers to identify the contents, composition and quality of materials they develop and manufacture.