Lee Mangham is the Technical Manager at the Element Sheffield laboratory, he is responsible for a wide variety of technical content and has over 30 years of experience in mechanical testing.
Lee has worked with Element for over 30 years. He is experienced in many roles, including Quality Management, Operations Management, and is now the Technical Manager, based in the Element Sheffield laboratory.
He is responsible for a wide variety of highly technical content within the business including technical content for procedures, training new colleagues, and developing new and bespoke tests. He is also involved in auditing processes, to ensure compliance with all the necessary standards.
He has developed scaffolding tests to satisfy a need within the industry and input into Fastener standards via BSi Committees. In addition to this, he is part of the creep testing development team on Element’s frames.
- Design and project management experience moving a laboratory to a new site.
- Implemented 5S and SQDC cultures.
- Set up scaffolding testing to be the only lab in Element that provides this service.
- Winning numerous awards under his leadership including; a 5S global award, two operational excellence awards, three safety awards, a growth award, and another 5S award.
- Tensile Testing
- Hardness Testing
- Stress Rupture Testing
- Elevated Tensile Testing
- Charpy Impact Testing
- Heat Treatment
- Fastener Testing
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering
Affiliations / memberships / working groups / conferences
- Part of the Aerospace standards committee
- Nadcap TAG team member
Aerospace, Defence, Energy, Medical, and Industrials.
Mechanical Testing Services
Element offers a full suite of mechanical testing services for metallic and nonmetallic materials, as well as components and specialty products.
Whether testing to a standard method or developing a custom program, Element’s experts provide you with accurate, reliable, and fast results for your projects.Read MORE