As architects and engineers continue to push the boundaries in construction and civil engineering, Element is at the forefront of building performance testing and scientific services, providing assurances across a full spectrum of building parameters.
Our building performance testing services cover the full evaluation of buildings; building envelopes and construction products testing; façade testing and guardrail evaluation. If you are a manufacturer, we can also help you to achieve product accreditation to recognized international standards, including CCMC, CSA, CGSB, ULC and CBL.
At Element, our knowledge of the industry, our relationships with customers, and our ability to deliver advisory and testing capabilities on a global scale answer industry calls for a qualified building performance testing service that ensures asset protection through transparent quality results.
Our building performance testing services include:
- Evaluations of buildings, building envelopes and construction products
- Guardrail and decking evaluation
- HVAC performance
- Insulation testing
- Rainscreen and air barrier testing
- Wall and air barrier systems
- Window, IG Unit and safety glass testing
Building systems testing
Our building performance testing services also include testing and assessment of building systems to support independent technical approvals and certification. Testing for verification of building systems performance incorporates the following:
- Comparison of the thermal performance of insulation products when installed in our purpose built full-scale chalets
- Soft/hard body impact testing of walls and partitions
- Strength, stiffness, vibration and soft/hard body impact of floor systems
- Testing of connectors and mechanical fasteners
- Testing of mechanically jointed components to determine tension/compression strength, slip and moment resistance
Assessment of a building system
Our experienced team of building performance testing engineers and specialist consultants works closely together to undertake a comprehensive assessment of building systems. We can provide added value by helping our clients meet the requirements of Building Regulations and warranty and insurance providers such as NHBC.
Where necessary we can manage component testing projects on behalf of our clients, such as racking tests of wall panels, or can devise bespoke assessment methods for novel components.