Element has a reputation for high quality and practical geotechnical engineering and precise testing services for both the public, commercial, and private sectors. Our expertise includes: program development, site reconnaissance, field exploration, field and lab testing, geotechnical evaluation, construction inspection and testing, and environmental engineering.
Geotechnical Services and Construction Engineering
Element can deliver a wide range of geotechnical project support – from routine classifications to complex soil and strength analysis tests. Our laboratory testing is performed using ASTM, AASHTO and other applicable specifications and guidelines. Special testing services and field laboratories can be provided as needed by the project specifications. Element's Geotechnical services and construction engineering serves public, commercial, private parties and the construction industry.
Geotechnical Services and Construction Engineering
Whether performed in one of our accredited laboratories or onsite, Element offers a comprehensive suite of geotechnical engineering services, supporting projects of every size and scope with a comprehensive portfolio of services. Element is a geotechnical engineering firm with a full-service soils analysis lab and materials testing capabilities.
Our team of experienced professional engineers are qualified, equipped and prepared to provide the following geotechnical engineering services:
- Foundation Design Element engineers design parameters and settlement analyses for shallow spread footings, mat foundations, driven piles, drilled piers (caissons), auger cast piling, and pressure injected footings
- Settlement and Subsidence Analysis We analyze loose granular and fine grained soils for support of footings and foundations, deposits for liquefaction potential, calculate and consolidation settlement in soft clay and organic deposits under new earth embankment, or area fill.
- Pavement Design Element can analyze pavement thickness, surface, and subsurface drainage conditions for local roads, highways, airports, railroad crossings, and rail beds
- Pile Foundation Design and Construction Our engineers consult in the design and inspection of pile foundation systems utilizing traditional methods as well as newer technologies, including the use of pile integrity testing equipment
- Retaining Structures We can help with designing parameters for earth retaining structures, including cantilever systems, tied-back walls, and gravity retaining walls
- Land Development We consult on dewatering and permanent drainage systems, including input on soil and rock permeability, errodability, and stability
- Geotechnical Instrumentation We perform vibrations monitoring, install piezmeters for groundwater measurement, install inclinometers for slope stability analysis, and place crack monitors to aid in monitoring movement.
Expert geotechnical support
Element experts have provided quality assurance and quality program support for construction and architecture projects for over 70 years. Our geotechnical capabilities include:
Element Geotechnical Expertise
Element has a reputation for providing high quality and practical geotechnical engineering and testing services to public, commercial, private parties, and the construction industry.
Element's Geotechnical Expertise:
∙Construction Quality Control and Testing
- ∙Environmental Engineering
Element Geotechnical Projects
Expertise in any field comes with practice. Element has completed numerous geotechnical projects, including those listed:
- Foundation and Pavement Design
- Expansive/Collapsing Soils
- Compaction Monitoring & Testing
- Vibration Monitoring
- Soil and Rock classification and parameters
- Settlement and Subsidence Analysis
- Field Permeability Tests
- Underpinning and Special Foundations
- Landslide Analysis & Control
- Dams, Reservoirs and Dam Studies
- Settlement Problems
- Hydroelectric Facilities
- Dynamically Loaded Foundations
- Slope Stability Problems
- Soil and Rock Instrumentation & Blast Monitoring
- Shallow Foundations & Rigid Mats
- Deep Foundations
- Braced Excavations and Tie-Back Walls
- Construction Dewatering and Drainage
- Earth Retaining Structure & Reinforced Earth
- Tunnels, Pipelines & Utilities
- Creek, River & Waterfront Protection
- Deep, Dynamic Ground Improvement, Surcharge & Grouting
- Highways, Airports, Railroads & Pavements
- Slope Design, Soil & Rock Stability
- Projects with Piling Contractors using the Pile Driving AnalyzerTM (PDATM)
Standards we test to
M164, M252, M294, PP1, PP6, T 30, T 88, T 89, T 90, T 99, T100, T166, T180, T191, T208, T216, T244, 265, T310, T312, TP1, TP5,
C 97, C 99 / C99M, C 117, C 127, C 128, C 131, C 136, C 142 / C142M, C 170 / C170M, C 535, C 566, D 421, D 422, D 698, D1556, D2172, D2216, D2435, D2726, D3203, D4318, D4867, D5444, D6307, D6925, D6927, D6938
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.
Explore more from Element
Accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, Element has world-leading capacity for environmental testing and qualification in the US, UK, and Europe.
Expertise our most valuable asset
Our people are the key to our success and our most valuable asset, working tirelessly to solve our clients' most complex challenges.
Learn more about our laboratories - where they are located; the unique capabilities they have and how they can help you solve your technical and commercial challenges.
Oil & Gas
Element's global platform of laboratories offers advanced services designed to test and qualify materials intended for use within the environments of the future.