Element’s state-of-the-art aquatic toxicity testing laboratory offers GLP-compliant bioassay testing to evaluate aquatic toxicity and whole effluent toxicity (WET) testing services throughout the US and internationally.
Element Lafayette is a leader in the bioassay field, and one of the few laboratories in the United States able to offer both analytical testing and aquatic toxicity testing services under one roof. Our expert technicians and scientists provide petroleum, industrial and municipal customers with quality effluent testing services and offer bioassay tests for toxicity evaluation for product qualification and R&D technical support for EPA product registration. Our advanced water toxicology laboratory is equipped to provide a varied array of testing services for both chronic and acute aquatic toxicity in freshwater or saltwater.
A leader in the aquatic toxicology field, we cultivate and maintain in-house cultures of test organisms and specialize in understanding the time constraints of the offshore oil industry. Additionally, we offer an assortment of GLP-compliant testing services, which will cover most disciplines.
The Element Advantage
Element Lafayette has the experience, knowledge, dedication and expertise to serve all of your aquatic toxicity testing needs. Our lab management and key personnel have extensive hands-on experience, providing our customers unparalleled confidence in routine testing, as well as the ability to handle unique requests. Partnering with Element allows your company to mitigate risk, knowing that our experts are working diligently to help ensure your success, and bring a safe product to market quickly.
Element is accredited by TNI (NELAP), Louisiana DEQ, and Texas CEQ, and enjoys reciprocity from several other states for WET testing laboratories. Element Lafayette is an annual participant in EPA DMR QA studies.
To learn more about our services, and how we can meet your testing needs, contact us today.
Element is a leading expert in environmental testing supporting a variety of testing programs.
- GLP-Compliant Bioassay Testing
- NCP (National Contingency Plan) Product Qualification
- Product Development/Qualification Testing
- Drilling Fluid LC50 Testing (WBM and SBM)
- Sediment Toxicity Testing (SBM)
- Drilling Fluid Additive LC50 Testing (WBM and SBM)
- Freshwater Toxicity Testing - Acute and Chronic
- Saltwater Toxicity Testing - Acute and Chronic
- Produced Water Toxicity Testing - Acute and Chronic
- Miscellaneous Discharge Toxicity Testing
- Chemical Additive Toxicity Testing - Acute and Chronic
- NCP Toxicity Testing
Are you looking for a service you can't find anywhere else? Element's broad array of aquatic toxicity services can help you.
- OECD 201, Algal Growth Inhibition Test
- OECD 202, Daphnia magna or Daphnia pulex, 48-Hr Static Acute Toxicity Test
- OECD 203, Pimephales promelas (fathead minnow), Menidia beryllina (inland silversides minnow), 96-Hr Acute Toxicity Test
- OECD 210, Fish Early Life Stage Toxicity Test
- OECD 211, Daphnia magna or Daphnia pulex, 21-Day Chronic Toxicity Test
- OECD 215, Fish, Juvenile Growth Test
- OCSPP 850.135, Mysidopsis bahia (Americamysis bahia) 28-Day Chronic Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.1010, Daphnia magna or Daphnia pulex, 48-Hr Static Acute Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.1035, Mysidopsis bahia (Americamysis bahia) 96-Hr Acute Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.1075, Pimephales promelas (fathead minnow), Menidia beryllina (inland silversides minnow), 96-Hr Acute Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.1300, Daphnia magna or Daphnia pulex, 21-Day Chronic Toxicity Test
- OCSPP 850.5400, Algal Growth Inhibition Test
- Aquatic LC50 (SPP) testing using Mysidopsis bahia (Americamysis bahia)
- Sediment Toxicity Tests using Leptocheirus plumulosus
- Chronic and Acute Toxicity Testing using Pimephales promelas (fathead minnows), Ceriodaphnia dubia, Daphnia pulex and Daphnia magna
- Chronic and Acute Toxicity Testing using Mysidopsis bahia (Americamysis bahia) and Menidia beryllina (inland silverside minnows)
- Available on chemicals and additives used in the Oil & Gas drilling or production process, industrial chemicals, pesticides and herbicides, using appropriate species and specified durations
Serving Indiana, Southern Michigan and Western Ohio, Element's environmental labs operate extensive route and field sampling services, enabling us to quickly and efficiently route your sample to the lab best suited to meet your needs.
Air Quality Testing
Find out how our ambient air quality testing solutions help our customers to systematically measure the pollutant levels of their operations and minimize their impact on the environment.
Find out how we help our customers to meet their regulatory requirements and achieve maximum crop quality and revenue through a better understanding of soil fertility, nutrient content and the presence of potentially harmful organisms in their soil.
Water Testing Services
Find out how we help our customers to the legal and regulatory requirements for drinking water, ground water, surface water and waste water.