Our aerospace mechanical testing portfolio includes Tensile Strength and Elongation Testing, Compression Testing, Impact Testing, Fracture Toughness Testing, Stress Rupture, Fatigue Testing, Hardness Testing, Abrasion and Wear Testing, Bend Testing, Pressure Testing, Shear Testing and Torque Testing.
Our aerospace mechanical testing capabilities include:
- Tension and compression testing using load frames with capacity from 50 lbf to 600,000 lbf
- Impact testing including charpy, Izod and drop weight testing
- Hardness testing including Vickers, Brinell and Rockwell
- Fatigue specimen testing including single and multi-axis, rotational bend, and strain and load capable
- Fracture toughness including K1c, J1c
- Creep and stress rupture, including tension and compression, and hydrogen embrittlement with specimen testing up to 20,000 lbf and 1093°F
- Temperature test parameters from -80º C to + 1200 ºC
Aerospace mechanical testing from your ideal partner
Our aerospace mechanical testing services are delivered across the globe by our team of highly experienced Experts from our state-of-the-art mechanical testing laboratories in the USA and Europe. This team's decades of experience in successfully delivering mechanical testing programs for the world’s leading Aerospace Primes and their Supply Chain Partners, make us the ideal partner for delivering both high volume, routine testing programs and custom programs that are unique to each customer project.
To request a quote, contact us today.
Expertise in Aerospace Materials
- Nickel and Titanium Alloys
- Superalloys such as Inconel, Hastalloy, single crystal alloys, Rene
Composites and other non-metallics
- Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Polymer Matrix Composites
Aerospace fasteners testing
In-Service Support and Failure Analysis
Element has the experts to help you manage and resolve any material or product failure problems that you have. Our experienced team of scientists and engineers have hundreds of ‘man years’ in carrying out detailed failure analyses as well as offer fractography, investigative chemistry services, residue analysis and expert witness services.
More from Element
Expertise our most valuable asset
Our people are the key to our success and our most valuable asset, working tirelessly to solve our clients' most complex challenges.
Element Delivers Market-Leading Turnaround Time
Element Daleville Delivers Market-Leading Turnaround Times at Aluminum Testing Center of Excellence
OUr services in aerospace
Engaged in testing virtually every material, component and system on commercial aircraft, Element's deliverable is mission critical, certainty.
Element launches world-leading cincinnati location
Element has launched its newly expanded and upgraded Cincinnati, OH facility, as one of the largest independent materials testing and product qualification testing service facilities in the US.