Element operates a UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 0621, in Wednesbury UK, which offers industry-leading services in hardware testing and certification of all architectural hardware, including doors and windows and ironmongery. Our specialist facilities provide hardware testing services which include door hardware and operational testing, quality control, durability, corrosion resistance, U-value calculations, UV and vibration testing.
Innovative manufacturers continually strive to improve security. We support that innovation. Our teams are highly experienced experts in their specific hardware testing product areas. We specialise in testing building hardware to harmonized European standards to enable it to be CE marked and can assist in Attestation of Conformity level 1 certification for CE-marking of the following products:
- Controlled door closers to EN1154
- Electrically powered hold open devices to EN1155
- Door Coordinator Devices to EN1158
- Mechanically operated locks to EN12209
- Electromechanically operated locks to EN14846
- Single Axis hinges to EN1935
- Emergency exit devices to EN179
- Panic exit devices to EN1125
Our hardware testing can also be performed to the following European and British standards:
- Corrosion resistance to EN1670
- Cylinders for Locks to EN1303
- Lever handles and knob furniture to EN1906
- Flushbolts to EN12051
- Thief resistant locks to BS3621, BS8621, BS10621
- Mechanically operated push-button locksets to BS8607
- Multi-point locks to PAS3621
- Pull Handles to BS8424
Hardware testing at the heart of a securer future
The Official Police Security Initiative “Secured by Design” recognizes and accepts CERTISECURE an independent third party certification scheme operated by Warringtonfire which is continually updated to help combat the latest criminal methods. Our knowledge and experience gives our customers the confidence that their products meet all performance requirements and are fit for purpose and enforcement authorities, architects, specifiers and building owners a high level of confidence that products offer an enhanced level of security
We help drive change and are active contributors to a number of hardware groups within the UK and Europe. These include Trade Associations such as the Door and Hardware Federation, the Council for Aluminium in Buildings, the Architectural Specialist Door Manufacturers Association, and Chairmanship of both the European Group CEN/TC33/WG4, and the Guild of Architectural Ironmongers.
By engaging with trade bodies, we are at the heart of change and in the unique position to relay first-hand information to our customers.Note: CERTISECURE is not available in the Asia Pacific region.