Air quality, noise, and vibration can cause significant environmental impact issues and must be considered throughout the planning process to comply with national legislation and protect the local environment. Element offers key services that generate the critical data required to carry out an independent environmental impact assessment services.
What is an environmental impact assessment?
Environmental Impact Assessments should be carried out at the earliest opportunity to highlight implications for natural habitats, surrounding communities and wider area ecosystems.
Whether developing a new site or modifying the use of an existing site, studies are performed to all relevant national legislation and international standards and demonstrate to your local authority that the development sits within the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).
Environmental impact assessment services: Air quality
- Provision of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) services
- Baseline air quality surveying
- Process industry boundary monitoring programs
- Statistical/directional analysis capabilities
- Cost-effective techniques are available in real-time for shorter studies or snapshot assessment
- Diffusion tube services and wet chemistry testing
- Direct measurement of ambient air pollutants
- Odour monitoring and impact modelling
- Dispersion modeling assessment using AERMOD and ADMS-Roads software
- Stack sampling and emission monitoring
EIA services: Noise and vibration
- Provision of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) services
- Noise modeling using CadnaA (Computer Aided Noise Abatement) software
- Environmental noise and vibration assessments to support planning applications, Environmental Permitting support and BS 4142:2014+A1:2019
- Construction and Demolition Assessments
- Industrial and commercial environmental noise investigations in accordance with BS 4142:2014+A1:2019
- Road traffic, rail, and aviation noise assessments
- Ground-borne vibration surveys and assessments
- Acoustic camera surveys for problem noise identification
Architectural acoustic testing
- Architectural Acoustic Design
- Assistance with the discharge of conditions relating to planning permissions
As members of the Institute of Acoustics (IOA), our experts can provide specialist testing, assessment, and modeling services in all areas of environmental acoustics.
How to do an Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is a tool used to assess the significant effects of a project or development proposal on the environment.
EIA has 5 main stages. If an EIA is required, an Environmental Assessment Impact Report will be written and submitted with the application for development consent.
- Preparing the EIA Report
- Making an application and consultation
- Decision making
- Post decision assessment work
The Element advantage
All of our measurement equipment is routinely calibrated by external laboratories to ensure the accuracy of the data and provide full transparency to regulatory bodies.
For more information about the services, we provide to the planning consultancy industry, contact us today.
Case Study: EIA scoping project for Warringtonfire
Learn how we performed an EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) for the construction of the UK's largest built environment product testing facility.The project included acoustic design assistance, noise assessments, and air quality dispersion modeling to demonstrate that the new facility would not have a detrimental impact on the local environment. read our case study
Case Study: Noise Impact Assessment for Eden Geothermal
Read how Element carried out a Noise Impact Assessment on the Eden Geothermal construction project.During the drilling process, Element provided detailed technical acoustic input into the groundbreaking scheme that is supporting the decarbonization of heat supply for the world-famous Eden Project biomes. read our case study
Article: Discover how we use acoustic noise cameras for Noise Impact Assessments
Our cameras visually represent the level of sound approaching the camera from different directions.Acoustic noise data is required for environmental, road & traffic noise assessments, or assessing industrial noise complaints, our experienced team can help you resolve issues, and comply with legislation and environmental permit requirements. LEARN MORE
FAQ: The latest insights on Noise Impact Assessments
We asked our environmental expert Stephen Wigham to answer Frequently Asked Questions regarding environmental noise assessments and environmental impact assessments.Discover how our independent environmental compliance experts are helping clients understand the environmental impact of new developments. READ OUR FAQ
Find out how we help our customers to reduce life-changing physical harm such as noise-induced hearing loss or hand-arm vibration syndrome (HAVS) caused by environmental and workplace noise and vibration exposure.
Ambient Air Quality
Find out how we help our customers comply with regulations for ambient air quality to protect human health and the environment from the harmful effects of air pollution.
Air Dispersion Modeling
Air Dispersion Modeling computes weather patterns and local topography to predict the concentration of emissions at ground level caused by an emissions source. Find out more.
Environmental Compliance & Safety
Element’s industry-leading environmental compliance and safety services help our customers to demonstrate the highest possible standards of environmental compliance and socially responsible performance.
Workplace Noise Surveys and Assessments
Find out how we help our customers to reduce and minimize exposure to noise in the workplace.
Air Quality Testing
Find out how our ambient air quality testing solutions help our customers to systematically measure the pollutant levels of their operations and minimize their impact on the environment.
Occupational Hygiene Services
We help our customers control workplace hazards that can cause harm by drawing together knowledge and experience of chemical, physical and biological health impact and industrial processes.
Hazardous Materials Testing Services
Find out how we help our customers comply with all of the relevant regulations relating to the control of hazardous substances.