We deliver consistent and accurate results offering 3rd party witnessing of the paint applications as part of the Norsok M 501 approval process. Edition 7 was published in November 2022 and brought major changes for manufacturers and testing requirements.
The standard includes application qualification checks (such as surface profile, cleanliness, and salt contamination) in addition to a comprehensive list of laboratory test protocols per service environment to determine product performance.
Our NORSOK M-501 related test methods
It is essential to determine the product use and its production before deciding on the test methods and final testing requirements. Our testing engineers assist you with selecting the right type of qualification testing method based on the system the coating scheme is proposed for. Element offers a broad range of coatings testing services that are related to NORSOK M-501, including:
- 11.1 Ageing Resistance tests ISO12944-9 appendix B
- 11.2 Seawater cycling Immersion -15C to +23C
- 11.3 Ageing Resistance tests UL 2431 wet dry freeze
- 11.4 Cathodic Disbondment ISO 12944-9
- 11.5 Cathodic Disbondment ISO 12944-9 > 50C
- 11.6 Artificial ageing and thermal cycling tests ISO 19277 CUI 3
- 11.7 CUI Test Vertical Pipe tests ISO 19277
- 11.8 Static HT Test 10C /min 204 C 28 days
- 11.9 Water immersion ISO 2812-2
- 11.1 Sea water ballast test IMO PSPC
- 11.11 Cargo Oil Test IMO PSPC
- 11.12 Thermal cyclic Test NACE TM404
- 11.13 Immersion testing ISO 2812-1
- 11.14 Elevated temperature TM0185
- 11.15 Cathodic Disbondment ASTM G42 80C
- 11.16 Corrosion testing ISO 12944-6 Im3H
- 11.17 Impact Testing ASTM G14:04
- 11.18 Cryogenic testing ISO 19277
It is essential to determine the product use and its production before deciding on the test methods and final testing requirements. Our testing engineers assist you with selecting the right type of qualification testing method based on the system the coating scheme is proposed for.
NORSOK M-501 - The Element advantage
As an ISO 17025 approved laboratory, Element carries out testing to the highest quality standards. Our coatings specialists will support you throughout the whole NORSOK M-501 testing program.
For more information about our NORSOK M-501 testing services, please contact us today.
NORSOK M-501 edition 7
Element can provide all the necessary pre-qualification testing to verify materials’ performance in accordance with the latest edition of NORSOK M-501.Read More
Failure Analysis of Pipeline Coatings
Case study on the failure analysis of a Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE) coated steel pipe that was under cathodic protection while in service and showed blistering of the FBE coating and corrosion on the surface.Read More
Find out about Elements range of coatings testing services designed to help to make certain that materials, products and pipelines we test for our customers are protected from corrosion, ultraviolet light, water penetration, heat, abrasion and chemicals.
Corrosion Testing Services
Find out about Elements extensive corrosion testing expertise in the Energy industry across a global network of laboratories.
Element offers testing to international standards ISO 12944-6 and 12944-9 (formally ISO 20340) to aid in the selection of suitable paint systems for corrosion protection.
Full and small scale pipe testing
Element’s pipe testing services encompass a range of capabilities to assess acceptable flaw sizes and material properties,