In parts of the world where natural stone is available and accessible, it is a popular choice for building material. As an alternative to natural stone, manufacturers have developed beautiful manufactured stone products, lighter, stronger, less expensive, and easier to customize and produce.
Whether quarried or cast, stone products must comply with modern building codes, standards, and specifications, which can require the support of a qualified stone testing laboratory.
Natural and manufactured stone testing services
Element evaluates your natural and manufactured stone products to meet building codes, quality assurance specs, industry, and regulatory standards. Our stone testing services include the following standards:
- ASTM C97 / C97M - 09: Standard Test Methods for Absorption and Bulk Specific Gravity of Dimension Stone. These test methods cover the tests for determining the absorption and bulk specific gravity of all types of dimension stone, except slate.
- ASTM C99 / C99M - 09: Standard Test Method for Modulus of Rupture of Dimension Stone. This test method covers the determination of the modulus of rupture of all types of dimension stone except slate.
- ASTM C170 / C170M - 09: Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Dimension Stone. This test method covers the sampling, preparation of specimens, and determination of the compressive strength of dimension stone.
- ASTM C880 / C880M - 09: Standard Test Method for Flexural Strength of Dimension Stone. This test method covers the procedure for determining the flexural strength of stone by use of a simple beam using quarter-point loading.
- ASTM C1352 / C1352M - 09: Standard Test Method for Flexural Modulus of Elasticity of Dimension Stone. This test method covers the procedure for determining the flexural modulus of elasticity of stone by using a simple beam with quarter-point loading.
- ASTM C1354 / C1354M - 09: Standard Test Method for Strength of Individual Stone Anchorages in Dimension Stone. This test method provides procedures for determining the ultimate strength of an assembly consisting of stone with mechanical anchor (anchorage).
Supporting engineering, architecture, and construction
Element construction materials experts have supported architectural and engineering firms for decades with laboratory and onsite inspection and testing. We provide customized quality support for stone, masonry, and other building materials and hardware for projects ranging from parking lots to hospitals to wind farms. Contact us today for help with your products and projects.
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.