New technologies, increased construction liability, and revised building standards have made quality asphalt testing and inspection integral to the successful completion of today’s construction projects.
Element Materials Technology meets this challenge head-on, offering full-service asphalt design and testing services, performed by highly-qualified asphalt testing engineers and backed by the documentation you need to ensure quality asphalt production and installation.
Asphalt and bituminous testing capabilities
Element's asphalt testing services group evaluates asphalt binders, asphalt mixtures and other derivatives of asphalt geared for use in the construction industry. This group maintains a high level of proficiency through technician experience, certifications and laboratory accreditations (A2LA and AASHTO).
- Asphalt Binders (Oils): We perform a wide variety of physical tests as part of third-party evaluation, QC/QA testing or material specification. These tests include such things as softening points, viscosity tests, and other physical tests.
- Performance Grade Evaluation: Element is fully accredited by AASHTO to verify and determine asphalt binder performance grades.
- Asphalt Emulsions and Cutbacks: We routinely test asphalt emulsions and cutbacks to verify compliance with specifications.
- Hot Mix Asphalt: Element engineers design and evaluate hot mix asphalt using Superpave, Marshall (P-401), and Texas Gyratory (TxDOT) procedures.
- Aggregate Testing: Since most pavements consist of 95% aggregates, Element engages in the testing of these materials. In addition to routine tests, we specialize in those hard to find procedures, such as Polish values, Soundness, and the Los Angeles Abrasion test.
- Asphalt Field Services: We provide personnel and equipment to evaluate the production and placement of asphalt paving. This may include a mobile laboratory, or we may simply provide personnel to inspect and assist with placement activities. This service fulfills a valuable role in the QC process
- Pavement Testing: Our specialist pavement testing laboratories in Singapore and Malaysia are equipped with experienced engineers to perform the following tests: Bitumen Content, Marshall Density, Marshall Stability, Grading Analysis, Skid Resistance, Macrotexture Depth, Los Angeles Abrasion, Density of cored sample, Thickness of cored sample.
Asphalt Pavement Thickness
Hot Mix Asphalt Testing
Performance Grade Evaluation
Asphalt Binder Testing
AASHTO T 30
ICC-ES AC 51
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.