Element operates ISTA-approved, full-service package and container testing labs dedicated to evaluating the performance of your packaging—wherever and however it needs to go.
Element packaging testing and shipping simulation services
Our package test lab experts simulate the conditions your package will encounter in shipping and freight environments. We provide the following package testing and package integrity testing services:
- Package testing to ASTM D4169, "Standard Practice for Performance Testing of Shipping Containers and Systems"
- Package testing to ASTM D6551/D6551M, "Standard Practice for Accelerated Weathering of Pressure-Sensitive Tapes by Xenon-Arc Exposure Apparatus"
- Package testing to ASTM C165, "Standard Test Method for Measuring Compressive Properties of Thermal Insulations"
- Package testing to FED-STD-101C, Test Procedures for Packaging Materials
- ISTA testing, Projects 1 through 3, 49 Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, and military standards
- Package vibration and shock testing
- Packaging drop testing and incline impact testing
- Conformance to the International Safe Transit Association or ISTA package testing, Class 1000
- Package testing fixture design and fabrication on-site
- Walk-in size environmental chambers available for preconditioning of test items
- Materials testing to other package testing standards and quality programs
- Product packaging testing for your industry
Serving all industries with range of capabilities
Element package testing labs support a wide range of industries and standards; our services include: medical package testing, food packaging testing, container testing, product package testing, shipping simulation, packaging inspection, climatic and environmental simulation.
A package endures a broad range of physical conditions. We can simulate and evaluate your package’s response to: shock, vibration, and shock vibration testing, compression testing, climatic conditions such as: high temperature/low temperature testing, humidity, altitude, and much more.
Customized package testing programs
Using specialized testing equipment and highly trained technical staff, we subject packages like yours to a wide variety of tests that replicate shipping conditions in national and international settings. We frequently develop custom testing programs for specialized packages; our customized shipping simulations can anticipate nearly any hazard a package may encounter while passing through a specialized distribution system.
Let Element help you reach the goal of every successful business: your product properly and efficiently packaged, and arriving damage-free to satisfied customers. We can make it happen.
Container & Package Testing Standards
- 3-A Sanitary Dairy Testing (No. 18 & 20)
- ASTM D3228
- ASTM D4169
- ASTM D6551/D6551M
- ISTA 1A
- ISTA 1B
- ISTA 1C
- ISTA 1D
- ISTA 1E
- ISTA 1G
- ISTA 1H
- ISTA 2A
- ISTA 2B
- ISTA 2C
- ISTA 2D
- ISTA 3A (3C,3D)
- ISTA 3B
- ISTA 3D
- ISTA 3E
- ISTA 3F
- ISTA 3G
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.