Brick, stone, marble, granite, limestone, cast stone, concrete block, travertine, glass block, stucco, ceramic tile—almost every imaginable type of building material has been used in masonry. For centuries, tourists have visited the pyramids of Egypt, the temples of Asia, and the cathedrals of Europe, all of which pay tribute to amazing durability, flexibility and beauty of man's oldest manufactured product, the humble brick.
Masonry materials quality
Since the earliest structures, material quality has made the difference between successful and unsuccessful building projects. Today's masonry materials can be simple or advanced, but all must meet quality standards and codes.
Element supports your masonry products and projects with accurate testing to the standards and specifications that matter to your business, including:
- ASTM C190, Method of Test for Tensile Strength of Hydraulic Cement Mortars
- ASTM C348, Standard Test Method for Flexural Strength of Hydraulic-Cement Mortars
- ASTM C482, Standard Test Method for Bond Strength of Ceramic Tile to Portland Cement Paste
- ASTM C67, Standard Test Methods for Sampling and Testing Brick and Structural Clay Tile
Testing building anchor performance in masonry
Element masonry testing laboratories also test the performance and qualify of construction anchors in masonry materials to standards that include:
- ICC-ES AC 01, Acceptance Criteria for Expansion Anchors in Masonry Elements
- ICC-ES AC 58, Acceptance Criteria for Adhesive Anchors in Masonry Elements
- ICC-ES AC 70, Acceptance Criteria for Fasteners Power-Driven into Concrete, Steel, and Masonry Elements
- ICC-ES AC106, Acceptance Criteria for Predrilled Fasteners (Screw Anchors) in Masonry
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.