A material's composition affects everything about it - how long it lasts, how strong or flexible it is, how it’s packaged, where and how it’s used and other variables. Element’s chemical composition services concentrate on your uses and needs to answer your toughest questions.
Our chemical composition experts possess a unique range of experience in consulting, analytical testing, and industrial chemistry. Whether you need routine analyses or non-routine projects, we can provide support including quality control testing, chemical analysis, product deformulation, identification of unknown materials, failure evaluation, and thermal analysis.
Element’s Chemical Composition Services
We work with you to explore chemical composition analyses for your most pressing challenges. Element provides investigative chemistry and composition testing services across all sectors, including customer specifications, internal requirements, and government organizations.
Questions We Answer
Our chemistry investigation methods can be used to evaluate and classify a wide range of materials.
Some of the questions we can help answer include:
- What is this material made of?
- Does this part meet our specification?
- What caused this part to corrode?
- Why didn’t this adhesive hold?
- What discolored this part or material?
- Is my product contaminated?
- Why did the coating fail?
- What is this substance?
Chemical Composition Test Methods
Element performs testing and evaluation using the following techniques and onsite specialized equipment:
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectrometry (EDS)
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Selective Detection (GC/MSD)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Optical Emission Spectrometry (OES)
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Full-Scan Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectrometry (ICP)
- X-Ray diffraction (XRD)
- X-Ray fluorescence (XRF)
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.
More from Element
Element's fatigue testing labs help companies meet quality requirements and create safer, stronger, more successful parts and products.
Find out about Element's range of metallurgical testing services, including microscopy, corrosion evaluation, hardness and on-site services.
Discover perspectives, resources, and advice from our world-leading Engaged Experts.
Local laboratories, global platform
Doing business with one of our laboratories enables our clients' access to our global platform of expertise, capacity and capabilities.