Element’s investigative chemists possess a unique range of experience in consulting, analytical testing, and industrial chemistry. Whether routine QA/QC assistance, material verification, or elemental analysis; or non routine projects such as product deformulation, identification of unknown materials, or the analysis of a failed part or product - we will work with you to explore solutions. Element serves the testing needs of all types of industries and government agencies. Typical questions we answer:
- What is this material made of?
- What caused this part to corrode?
- Why didn’t this adhesive hold?
- What discolored this test item?
- Is my product contaminated?
- Why did the coating fail?
Techniques and Equipment
Element Materials Technology performs testing and evaluation using the following techniques and onsite specialized equipment:
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Energy Dispersive X-Ray Spectrometry (EDS)
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Selective Detection (GC/MSD)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Optical Emission Spectrometry (OES)
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)