Radio and wireless functions are being incorporated into an ever-wider range of everyday objects, from car key fobs to fridge freezers. Whether you have installed a pre-approved module or developed a radio solution from scratch using a chipset, Element provides Radio RF regulatory testing to enable you to demonstrate that your products will use the radio spectrum effectively and comply with local and regional requirements.
Manufacturers must comply with the directives, rules or standards applicable to the territory in which they want to sell their products.
Element’s engineering team can support you throughout the entire radio compliance testing process, from generating bespoke test plans and performing pre-compliance investigations through to full formal conformance testing. We aim to deliver fast and efficient solutions against complex testing requirements.
Complementary to our extensive Radio RF regulatory compliance testing services, Element offers related services to assist you from the initial stages of identifying a suitable compliance strategy through comprehensive testing programs, certification and finally delivering to the global market place.
Element labs in the UK and US are ISO 17025 accredited to provide testing to the following:
ETSI standards for Europe
In Europe, radio and wireless equipment will fall under the scope of the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) and are subject to assessments against article 3.2 of the directive, which requires that radio equipment has efficient and effective use of the spectrum. Manufacturers can demonstrate this through the application of ETSI standards.
Element can commonly test products to the most frequently used harmonized standards:
- ETSI EN 300 328 covering Zigbee, Bluetooth and 2.4GHz Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi)
- ETSI EN 300 220 covering short range devices operating in the 25 MHz to 1000 MHz range
- ETSI EN 300 330 covering short range devices operating in the 9 kHz to 25 MHz range
- ETSI EN 300 440 covering short range devices operating in the 1 GHz to 40 GHz range
- ETSI EN 301 893 covering 5 GHz RLAN / Wireless LAN (5 GHz Wi-Fi)
- ETSI EN 302 502 covering 5.8 GHz Wireless Access Systems
- ETSI EN 302 208 covering RFID operating in 865-868 MHz and 915-921 MHz
- ETSI EN 301 406 covering DECT
- ETSI EN 301 681 covering Satellite Earth Stations operating in 1.5 – 1.6 GHz bands.
Our seasoned experts have the experience and chamber capacity to accommodate even the most unusual or complex testing.
FCC rule parts for United States
As an FCC Conformity Assessment Body (CAB), Element is authorized to test products and provide FCC certification through its appointment as a Telecommunication Certification Body (TCB).
We commonly test products against the following:
- 47 CFR Part 15 covering Radio Frequency Devices such as Bluetooth, WLAN, Zigbee
- 47 CFR Part 18 covering Industrial Scientific and Medical Equipment
- 47 CFR Part 22 covering Public Mobile Services
- 47 CFR Part 24 covering Personal communication services
- 47 CFR Part 25 covering Satellite Communications
- 47 CFR Part 27 covering Miscellaneous Wireless Communication Services
- 47 CFR Part 73 covering Radio Broadcast Services
- 47 CFR Part 90 covering Private Land Mobile Service
- 47 CFR Part 96 covering Citizens Broadband Radio Service
- 47 CFR Part 101 covering Fixed Microwave Service
Element offers FCC certification testing services for a number of wireless devices including radios, Wi-Fi, RFID, ZigBee, Bluetooth and BLE devices.
RSS standards for Canada
Element is authorized to test products and provide ISED Canada certification through its appointment as a Foreign Certification Body (FCB).
We commonly test products against the following:
Japanese Radio Law standards for Japan
As a Registered Certification Body (RCB), also known as a Japanese Conformity Assessment Body (CAB); Element offers a comprehensive testing and certification program to cover the main sections of MIC certification for data transmission equipment, Bluetooth, zigbee, WLAN, Wi-Fi, RFID, satellite and short-range devices.
We can commonly test to the following standards:
- Article 8
- Article 19
- Article 19-2
- Article 19-3
- Article 19-3-2
ESQ for Radio Products
Element provides guidance on the relevant regulatory requirements before you reach the testing and approvals stage, supporting you from start to finish - we ensure you achieve first time success.
Product Safety Testing
Element is the ideal partner to help electrical device manufacturers, importers and distributors obtain the fast and efficient product safety testing and certification needed to trade their products worldwide.
EMI EMC Testing
Element’s global EMI and EMC testing services include programs for aerospace, defense, medical devices and commercial products.
Element offers wireless and radio certification services for FCC for USA, ISED for Canada, CE marking for Europe and MIC for Japan.
Element provides a wide range of wireless and radio testing services including RF testing for regulatory compliance, RF exposure and SAR assessments and OTA and Wireless Coexistence testing.
Global Market Access
Element's GMA team helps manufacturers to gain necessary wireless and radio certifications, to enable them to place their products on the market in countries around the world.
RF Exposure Assessment
Element provides SAR testing and RF Exposure evaluation to support manufactures with their compliance requirements.
Over-the-Air (OTA) Testing
Element provides high-quality OTA testing of devices, antennas, and receivers to achieve global market access and verify wireless performance.