Element offers a complete range of stack emissions testing, environmental inspection, and consultancy services to help organizations achieve regulatory compliance for their industrial installations.
Operators producing emissions to air from stacks and other source releases are required to comply with Emissions Limit Values (ELVs) and Quality Assurance of CEMS as specified in their regulatory monitoring requirements, such as EU Industrial Emissions (IED) & Medium Combustion Plant (MCP) Directives, US Clean Air Act, Permit & License monitoring requirements. Element provides independent, accredited stack emissions testing, which is essential for all organizations that wish to meet their regulatory compliance responsibilities.
All Elements stack emissions testing services are provided in line with national legislation, and our testing and inspection services are delivered in accordance with the international standards ISO/IEC17025 and MCERTS in the UK & Ireland.
We are dedicated to providing complete compliance management solutions through both testing and consultancy services. Our goal is to help you achieve regulatory compliance, meet your Environmental goals, prevent exposure, and support reduced emissions and improve Air Quality.
In addition to stack emissions testing and compliance services, Element also offers audit training; e.g., Operator Monitoring Assessment (OMA) to prepare for an Environment Agency audit visit. Audit training can help ensure your audit will be carried out effectively and efficiently, resulting in an accurate representation of the standard of self-monitoring.
For more information about our stack emissions testing, or to know more about our MCERTS accredited stack emissions testing services, contact us today.
Our stack emissions testing and compliance services include:
- Periodic Compliance Monitoring
- CEMS Calibration & Verification
- EN 14181 QAL 2 & Annual Surveillance Test
- US EPA RATA Protocols
- Accredited Stack Emissions Testing (ISO 17025, MCERTS)
- In-House Accredited Laboratory Analysis (ISO 17025, MCERTS) of Stack Emissions Monitoring Samples
- Training (Regulatory Compliance, EN 14181)
- Investigative Testing, Process Optimization & Abatement Plant Efficiency Testing
- Process Commissioning of New Plant
- Offshore Emissions Monitoring
- Air Quality Assessment & Dispersion Modelling (Air, Noise & Odor)
- Environmental Noise Monitoring (Noise Investigation, Acoustic Camera)
- Planning & Permitting Support Services
We provide all types of stack emissions testing using manual reference and alternative methods, instrumental analyzers, and FTIR including;
- Particulate Matter, PM10 & PM2.5
- Combustion Gases (NOX, NO, NO2, N2O, SO2, CO, CO2, VOCs & TOC)
- Trace Pollutants (Dioxins & Furans, PCBs & PAHs, Metals & Mercury, Hexavalent Chromium)
- Acidic Gases & Vapors (HCl, HF, NH3, HCN, H2S, Sulphuric Acid Mist, Nitric Acid Vapor)
- Organic Compounds (Specific VOCs, Formaldehyde & Aldehydes, Isocyanates, Oil Mist, Tar & Bitumen Fume)
- Biogenic Fraction CO2
Element performs stack emissions testing to the following standards:
|Pollutant||European Standards||US EPA (CFR) Standards|
|Aldehydes||US EPA Method 316||US EPA Method 316|
|Biogenic Fraction CO2||EN ISO 13833|
|Carbon Dioxide||ISO 12039|
|Carbon Monoxide||EN 15058|
|Condensable VOCs||In house accredited method|
|Dioxins and Furans||EN 1948 |
|Dioxin-like PCBs ||EN 1948:4|
|Formaldehyde ||US EPA Method 316 |
|Gaseous Species by FTIR||TGN M22 (Flexible Scope)|
|Halides and Halogens ||US EPA Method 26/26A ||US EPA Method 26/26A|
|Heavy Metals||EN 14385|
|Hexavalent Chromium||EN ISO 23210|
|Homogeneity||EN 15259 |
|Hydrogen Chloride ||EN 1911 |
|Hydrogen Cyanide ||US EPA CTM 033 ||US EPA CTM 033|
|Hydrogen Fluoride||ISO 15713 |
|Hydrogen Sulphide ||US EPA Method 11 ||US EPA Method 11 |
|lsocyanates||US EPA CTM 36 |
|Mercury ||EN 13211 |
|Nitric Acid Vapour ||US EPA Method 7D |
|Nitrous Oxide ||EN ISO 21258 |
|Odor ||EN 13725 |
|Oil Mist, Tar and Bitumen Fume ||EN 13284-1 with MDHS 84 |
|Oxides of Nitrogen ||EN 14792 |
|Oxygen ||EN 14789 |
|PAHs ||ISO 11338 |
|PM10& PM2.5 ||EN ISO 23210 |
|Pressure, Temperature, and Velocity ||EN 16911-1|
|Speciated VOCs ||PD CEN/TS 13649 |
|Sulphur Dioxide ||EN 14791 |
|Sulphur Dioxide ||CEN/TS 17021 |
|Total Particulate Matter ||EN 13284-1 |
|Total VOCs (TOC) ||EN 12619 |
|Water Vapour||EN 14790|
More from Element
Find out how our ambient air quality testing solutions help our customers to systematically measure the pollutant levels of their operations and minimize their impact on the environment.
Workplace Monitoring and Assessments
Find out we help our customers to improve indoor air quality and safety of their workplaces.
Find out how we help our customers comply with all of the relevant regulations relating to the control of hazardous substances.
Environmental Acoustic Testing
Find out how we help our customers to reduce and minimize exposure to noise and vibration in the workplace.