With almost 20 years of experience in the industrial emissions sector, James brings a high level of technical expertise to the team. As Senior Technical Advisor for Element Environmental, James’ decision-making is heavily relied upon to execute safe, compliant, and often complex on-site operations. His experience is also essential in helping develop new capabilities within Element’s newly formed Centre of Technical Excellence.
James set in motion a lifelong passion for environmental compliance through his early years as a Technician where he cut his teeth in stack emissions testing, before progressing on to Level II MCERTS Team Leader. After quickly proving himself highly adept at overcoming challenging sampling conditions he grew into the role as Operations Manager.
Now as a Senior Technical Advisor, James’ vast experience is benefiting Element’s next generation of emissions experts by assisting with their professional development. James has developed our bespoke training pack for new starters and undertakes FTIR and EN 14181 training courses, sharing best practice across our network of UK and European offices.
Based in Stockport, James provides a friendly, professional, and respected service to our clients.
- EN 14181 QAL2 & ASTs
- CEMS Calibration & Verification
- 2-Second Residence Time Verification in Energy from Waste plants
- FTIR process emissions monitoring
- Air dispersion modelling
- OMA (Operator Monitoring Assessment) Audit Support
- Abatement Efficiency Trials
- Training Courses – EN 14181, Emissions Testing
- Emissions Technical Endorsements - TE1, TE2, TE3 & TE4
- MCERTS LEVEL 2
- STA (Source Testing Association) Membership
Waste Incineration, Energy from Waste (EfW), Cement, Power generation, Steelworks, Quarries
- Residence Time Verification - As part of James’ role as the lead of Element’s Centre of Technical Excellence, he developed a protocol to undertake residence time monitoring at Energy from Waste plants. The protocol included Safe System of Work (SSW), risk assessment, method statement, reporting templates and calculations.
- EN 14181 Best Practice – James wrote detailed technical information packs for clients to gain knowledge on how to undertake a QAL2, how to interpret the results and the importance of safe, compliant sampling conditions.
- Dioxins & Furans - After an excess of dioxin emissions were identified at a concrete plant, James project managed a large-scale operation involving multiple test teams across the site simultaneously testing for dioxins & furans. In total 98 dioxins tests were completed over two weeks.
Associations / Conference / Technical pieces
Environmental Testing Services
With a network of accredited environmental testing facilities located in the UK, the Americas, the Middle East, and Africa, Element helps its customers to meet their environmental obligations through our comprehensive range of laboratory and field based environmental testing services.
Ensure that your activities adhere to the highest standards of environmental management with Element Environmental.READ MORE