TÜV SÜD Melbourne is now Element Melbourne West.
Melbourne-West, located in Melbourne, FL, has been a leader in military, aerospace and defense testing for almost 30 years.
Founded in 1988 as Rubicom Systems, the lab has been specializing in EMI testing for military, aerospace, and defense applications (RTCA/DO-160 and MIL-STD) and counts Amerex Defense Group, Avalex Technologies, DRS Technology and Northrop Grumman among its many long-standing customers.
In July 2007, Atlanta-based Advanced Compliance Solutions (ACS) acquired Rubicom Systems which also expanded its EMI testing capabilities into commercial applications.
In April 2017, through ACS’s own sale transaction and subsequent divestiture by the new owner, Melbourne-West joined the Element family.
Combined with our other Melbourne-Ellis lab (which has a long and collaborative relationship with Rubicom/ACS), Melbourne-West firmly establishes Element as
Florida’s “one-stop shop” for full suite of RTCA/DO-160 and MIL-STD 461/462/810 testing serving the military, aerospace and defense community in the Southeast region.
Melbourne-West provides EMI testing for Aerospace, Defense and Commercial applications including:
- Section 15. Magnetic Effect
- Section 16. Power Input
- Section 17. Voltage Spike
- Section 18. Audio Frequency Conducted Susceptibility, Power Inputs
- Section 19. Induced Signal Susceptibility
- Section 20. Radio Frequency Susceptibility (Radiated and Conducted)
- Section 21. Emission of Radio Frequency Energy
- Section 25. Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- CE101-Conducted Emissions, Power Leads, 30Hz-10kHz
- CE102-Conducted Emissions, Power Leads, 10kHz-10MHz
- CE106-Conducted Emissions, Antenna Terminal, 10kHz-18GHz
- CS101-Conducted Susceptibility, Power Leads, 30Hz-150kHz
- CS109-Conducted Susceptibility, Structure Current, 60Hz-100kHz
- CS114-Conducted Susceptibility, Bulk Cable Injection, 10kHz-400MHz
- CS115-Conducted Susceptibility, Bulk Cable Injection, Impulse Excitation
- CS116-Conducted Susceptibility, Damped Sinusoidal Transients, Cables, and Power Leads, 10kHz-100MHz
- RE101-Radiated Emissions, Magnetic Field, 30Hz-100kHz
- RE102-Radiated Emissions, Electric Field, 10kHz-18GHz
- RS101-Radiated Susceptibility, 30Hz-100kHz
- RS103-Radiated Susceptibility, Electric Field, 2MHz-18GHz
- Enclosure testing and certification
Element Melbourne-West maintains accreditation through the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) to ISO/IEC 17025:2005.]
More from Element
Element ACQUIRES TÜV SÜD Melbourne in Florida, USA
Element has announced that it has entered into an agreement to purchase the assets of TÜV SÜD Melbourne, a laboratory specializing in EMI testing for Commercial, Aerospace, and Defense applications.
RTCA DO-160 Testing
Working with Element, our clients enjoy access to the most comprehensive EMC and environmental testing capacity of any independent Aerospace product qualification testing company in the world.
Aerospace EMI/EMC Testing
Element has a proven record of delivering high-volume as well as customized solution electromagnetic compatibility testing to multiple standards including RTCA/DO-160, MIL-STD-461 and Def-Stan 59-411.
Defense EMC Testing
Our defense EMC testing and qualification services are designed to provide standard defense validation as well as help companies perform Urgent Operational Requirement (UOR) testing in a short time period.