Stress-strain analysis of a material helps determine many of its physical properties. With the information gained through stress analysis and strain gaging, one can predict how a part will react when placed under various working loads.
In a stress analysis, Element experts affix bondable single and multi-axis strain gages to your product. The product is then subjected to a load and/or other environmental stresses, such as pressure, vibration, or temperature. An analysis of the data allows us to present you with a report on your product's expected fatigue response, as well as other general performance properties. Element engineers have used stress-strain analysis on engines, tanks, probes, and many other parts and materials.
Element offers stress analysis and strain gaging services for products and materials of all sizes and purposes. Our experts test to various industry and regulatory standards so you can meet your quality requirements.
Our capabilities range from the application of strain gages via a fully automated bonding system to measuring up to 30 locations at a time with our state of the art data acquisition systems. Some benefits of Element support of your stress analysis program:
- Automatic strain gage bonding deliverable in a portable system.
- Digital controller with feedback loop providing precision temperature directly to area of interest as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Automatic application of up to 4 gage sites at a time
- Application of any strain gage from single axis to rosette.
- Bonding of virtually any substrate from composite to stainless steel.
- Application to cylindrical substrates with a radius as low as 1.5 inches where conventional clamping methods are inadequate.
- Reduction in human error increasing the reliability and confidence of proper gage installation while reducing set up time by more than 50%.
- Direct application of heat allows the strain gage adhesives to accurately cure as specified by the strain gage manufacture while applying 15 pounds per square inch of clamping pressure to the area of interest.
Element facilities, equipment, and experts are audited regularly to ensure that the critical accreditations they hold are in good standing, so that your stress analysis projects are conducted precisely and accurately.
ASTM C1579, ASTM D695, ASTM D790, ASTM D1149, ASTM D2166, ASTM D3165, ASTM E399, ASTM E466, ASTM E517, ASTM E606, ASTM E646, ASTM E837, ASTM E1237, ASTM F1387, ASTM G49
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.