Element can assist manufacturers with The Dangerous Substance and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR).
We understand the complexities that DSEAR requires employers to assess, including the risks of fires and explosions that may be caused by dangerous substances in the workplace. We are also aware of the huge duty on employers to assess and eliminate the risk of explosion.
Compliance with DSEAR encompasses many facets of business activity including:
- Risk assessment of plant operations
- Defining of any hazardous zones together
- Installation of hazard compliant equipment
- Preparation of explosion protection records
The regulations put into effect requirements from two European Directives, the Chemical Agents Directive (98/24/EC) and the Explosive Atmospheres Directive (99/92/EC). In the UK, DSEAR is controlled and enforced by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). We can assist with the requirements within these directives by providing the following services in support of DSEAR:
- Hazardous area classification - Zoning of hazardous areas
- Hazardous area risk assessment - Defining explosion risks
- Hazardous area documentation - Evidence packs to support legal obligations
- Hazardous area training - Training for key personnel in support of DSEAR
- Hazardous area inspections - Routine inspection of electrical equipment
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.
making certain for nearly 190 years
More from Element
From environmental & dynamic testing to highly specialized tests such as bird strike and hydrodynamic ditching testing, we're the trusted testing partner to the world's most recognized component and system manufacturers.
Element has a dedicated team providing ISO 17065 accredited Product and Business Process Certification Services that are delivered from many of our offices across the globe.
Explosive Atmosphere testing and certification
Element helps manufacturers of electronic devices for use in potentially explosive or hazardous atmospheres.
Local laboratories, global platform
Doing business with one of our laboratories enables our clients' access to our global platform of expertise, capacity and capabilities.