Element metallurgy, materials, and product experts evaluate a wide range of products associated with towing and trailers, as well as other automotive parts and components. We can help you measure the strength, safety, and durability performances of the following products, materials, and assemblies.
Your towing and trailer product testing lab
Element experts provide:
| || || |
Standards for towing and hitch products
Element towing product test lab experts conduct hitch and tow testing to a range of standards, including:
- ASTM B117, "Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus"
- ASTM F883, "Standard Performance Specification for Padlocks"
- SAE J684, "Trailer Couplings, Hitches, and Safety Chains--Automotive Type"
- SAE J839, "Passenger Car Side Door Latch Systems "
- SAE J847, "Trailer Tow Bar Eye and Pintle Hook/Coupler Performance"
- VESC-5, "Minimum Requirements for Motor Vehicle Connecting Devices and Towing Methods"
- VESC-19, "Performance Requirements for Fifth Wheel Vehicle Connecting Devices and Towing Methods"
- Many others . . .
Ready to request a quote?
Our deliverable is certainty - high quality data, test reports and certificates that you can absolutely rely on when making decisions about your materials and compliance. Engage with an expert today.