Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for individuals with responsibilities for ensuring the quality and reliability of electronic assemblies. It is particularly well-suited for training and quality supervisors with expertise in electronic assembly. Additionally, engineering and manufacturing supervisors with assembly responsibilities will find this course highly beneficial.
- Establishing and Maintaining the Integrity of the Training Program
- Purpose and Application of IPC-A-610 Standards
- Hardware Installation Guidelines
- Soldering Criteria, Including Lead-Free Connections
- Requirements for Soldered Connections to Terminals
- Soldered Connection Requirements for Plated-Through Holes
- Surface Mounting Criteria for Chip Components, Leadless, and Leaded Chip Carriers
- Swaged Hardware and Heatsink Requirements in Mechanical Assemblies
- Component Mounting Criteria for DIPS, Socket Pins, and Card Edge Connectors
- Jumper Wire Assembly Requirements
- Solder Fillet Dimensional Criteria for All Major SMT Component Groups
- Detailed Examination of Soldering Issues, such as Tombstoning, Dewetting, Voiding, and Others
- Criteria for Component Damage, Laminate Conditions, Cleaning, and Coating
- Effective Utilization of the Lesson Plan and Materials, Inspection Tips, and a Review of Important Certified IPC Trainer Skills
- Downloadable student files from IPC (CIT only)
- IPC Certificate upon successful completion of class and test
- Snacks, refreshments, and lunch daily
Training will be held at Element Anaheim in Anaheim, California.
Registration and course information
Contact William Graver (Master IPC Trainer) for scheduling, registration, pricing, or technical questions. Email or call +1 410-937-3996.
About the Master IPC Trainer
William Graver is a seasoned professional with more than 30 years in the PCB and PCA manufacturing industry. Currently serving as a Program Manager / Master IPC Trainer at Element's Baltimore lab, he specializes in PCB/PCA Failure Analysis and IPC training, and holds the following certifications:
- MIT (Master IPC Trainer) IPC-A-600
- MIT (Master IPC Trainer) IPC-A-610
- MIT (Master IPC Trainer) IPC-6012
- MIT (Master IPC Trainer) IPC/WHMA-A-620
Element in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) & Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA)
Ensure the highest quality and compliance of your printed circuit boards with Element's comprehensive testing services. Our expertise covers all PCB stages, from raw materials to failure analysis, adhering to industry standards like IPC and MIL-PRF. Our advanced methods, including visual assessment, cross-sectioning, and Highly Accelerated Thermal Shock (HATS2™) Testing, ensure efficient and reliable evaluations.
Element's over 30 years of experience positions us as a trusted partner for PCB qualification and conformance testing, offering expert support and root cause analysis when needed.