Rob Evans is an experienced mechanical engineer focusing primarily on product evaluations and qualifications, fatigue testing, and multi-disciplinary investigations.
Mr. Evans has performed evaluations using experimental and analytical (FEA) techniques for almost every industry and for products or assemblies, and raw materials such as metals, polymers, and composites. He also has extensive experience with lab and field data acquisition of strains, forces, accelerations, temperature, etc.
Rob has extensive experience in test engineering both through his career at Element and previously for Harley Davidson and Actuant Corporation. He has performed work across numerous industries including automotive/transportation, medical, consumer products aerospace, advanced material research and insurance/legal.
- Combined evaluations utilizing FEA, strain gage, and static or fatigue tests
- Fatigue and durability tests of various components such as aircraft linkages, aircraft bearings, rectifier circuits, motors, hydraulic components for Military Vehicles
- Fatigue tests of automotive components such as sway bars, con rods, linkages, gear boxes, bearings, etc
- Custom transducers: retractable roof, structures, machinery, etc
- Professional Engineer design review
- Claim substantiation for marketing claims