Parmjit or Parm to his friends (Head of Occupational Hygiene at Element) is an occupational hygienist with almost 30 years of national and international operational experience gained across diverse industry sectors.
With 24 years of consultancy experience and 5 years as a regulator, Parm is a recognized expert within the Occupational Hygiene Industry. As a specialist in health risk management, Element’s Occupational Hygiene team benefits from an experienced practitioner bringing a wealth of first-hand operational experience in tackling problems from first principles and providing a solutions-led approach to each project undertaken.
Parm's vast experience benefits Element’s next generation of occupational hygienists, having personally mentored six colleagues throughout his career, assisting with their professional development. Parm’s objectives are to deliver class-leading occupational hygiene consultancy - where worker health protection is of paramount importance - by driving up standards, promoting competency and helping every colleague progress to chartered status.
As a Chartered Fellow on the board of BOHS, Parm has experience in providing expert opinion to the courts in matters relating to occupational hygiene and asbestos, and has influenced change at the highest level.
Parm provides front-line support to overcome complex, technical, and challenging problems; actioning necessary, justified, and proportionate occupational hygiene programs for our clients throughout the UK.
Based in our Stockport office, Parm provides a friendly, professional, and respected service to our clients.
- End to end COSHH management for the F1 Motor Racing Sector
- Technical Lead on a virtual cross-governmental team advising on PPE to be used in healthcare during the pandemic
- HAZMAT surveys for offshore installations and nuclear-decommissioning projects
- HAZMAT and occupational hygiene lead for the TfL Crossrail project
- Expert opinion to the courts on poor occupational hygiene consultancy provision
- Multiple investigations into serious and fatal accidents with convictions
- Numerous occupational hygiene projects for international oil and gas organizations with new and emerging risks in complex environments
- Occupational Hygiene
- Asbestos Advisory Services
- Workplace Air Monitoring
- Workplace Noise
- Vibration LEV Testing
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Hygiene
- NEBOSH Regulatory Training Programme - RTP
- BOHS Diploma of Professional Competence in Occupational Hygiene
- BOHS Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene
- BOHS Asbestos and Other Fibres – S301
Affiliations / Memberships / working groups / conferences
Manufacturing, Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Medical, Local Government, Central Government, Research & Development, Petrochemicals, Nuclear
Connect with Parmjit on LinkedIn
Content by this Expert
The Dangers of Wood Dust Exposure
Environmental Testing Services
With a network of accredited environmental testing facilities located in the UK, the Americas, the Middle East, and Africa, Element helps its customers to meet their environmental obligations through our comprehensive range of laboratory and field based environmental testing services.
Ensure that your activities adhere to the highest standards of environmental management with Element Environmental.READ MORE