Who is this course for?
This course is designed for individuals responsible for ensuring the quality and reliability of electronic assemblies. It is particularly relevant for trainers and quality supervisors well-versed in electronic assembly, as well as engineering and manufacturing supervisors with assembly responsibilities.
- Printed Board Product Classifications and Acceptance Criteria
- Base Material Surface and Subsurface Conditions, Including Measling/Crazing
- Solder Resist Coverage Over Conductors and Registration to Lands
- Conductor Width and Spacing, Including Annular Ring Requirements
- Dielectric Material Criteria, Covering Etchback, Voids, and Resin Recession
- Plated-Through Hole Requirements, Addressing Copper Plating Thickness, Voids, Nodules, and Cracks
- Acceptance Criteria for Flexible, Rigid-Flex, and Metal Core Printed Boards
- Effective Teaching Skills for the Lesson Plan
- Downloadable student files from IPC (CIT only)
- IPC Certificate upon successful completion of class and test
- Snacks, refreshments, and lunch daily
Training will be held at Element Anaheim in Anaheim, California.
Registration and course information
Contact Russell Shepherd (Master IPC Trainer) for scheduling, registration, pricing, or technical questions. Email or call +1 714-999-1616.
About the Master IPC Trainer
Russell Shepherd is a seasoned professional with more than 30 years of hands-on experience in the PCB test industry, complemented by two decades of dedicated training. Currently, he serves as the General Manager at Element's facility in Anaheim, CA. Russ also serves as the chair of IPC’s Flexible Circuits Test Methods and Microsection committees, in addition to serving as the vice chair of IPC’s SIR/ECM and CAF task groups. He holds the following certifications:
- MIT (Master IPC Trainer) IPC-A-600
- MIT (Master IPC Trainer) IPC-6012
Element in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) & Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA)
Ensure the highest quality and compliance of your printed circuit boards with Element's comprehensive testing services. Our expertise covers all PCB stages, from raw materials to failure analysis, adhering to industry standards like IPC and MIL-PRF. Our advanced methods, including visual assessment, cross-sectioning, and Highly Accelerated Thermal Shock (HATS2™) Testing, ensure efficient and reliable evaluations.
Element's over 30 years of experience positions us as a trusted partner for PCB qualification and conformance testing, offering expert support and root cause analysis when needed.