Jon Douglas is an engineering consultant with over twenty-five years of experience across a wide range of sectors including nuclear, gas turbines, renewables, aerospace, and general industry.
After completing a first degree in Mechanical Engineering, Jon went on to Imperial College, London to complete an industrially sponsored PhD for European Gas Turbines Ltd which is where Jon developed a lifelong passion for high temperature component life assessment. Working as a consultant across the power generation sector, Jon has since developed bespoke life assessment methods for clients in the nuclear, coal and gas turbine industries.
Jon is an experienced leader and energy specialist, with a track record of developing consultancy services to clients across a broad range of industries including Power Generation, Transport and Defense. Jon leverages his deep technical expertise and academic links to provide exceptional client service and build teams of engineers to deliver complex multi-disciplinary projects.
Some highlights from Jon’s long career in consultancy include:
- Deploying probabilistic lifing methods and digital twin technology for flexible maintenance of a global fleet of gas turbines
- Combining sensor data and predictive methods to eliminate the need to inspect for corrosion-under-insulation in the oil and gas sector
- Developing creep-fatigue lifing models to support life extension of the UK Nuclear reactor fleet
- Designing nuclear submarine refueling facilities against seismic failure
- Mechanical Engineering
- Strength of Materials
- Probabilistic Methods for Risk-Based Integrity
- Seismic Hazard Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Building and Leading Teams
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Power Generation
- Gas Turbines
Connect with Jon on LinkedIn
Content by this Expert
Element Digital Engineering
Utilize modeling, simulation, data science, and other digital solutions to help our customers solve complex problems.
Our team helps you get the most from your assets and products at every stage of the lifecycle to help you to stay ahead of the competition.
Take your business on a digital transformation journey with Element to drive performance, predict future outcomes and solve complex problems.READ MORE