About Element Tempe
Element Tempe is your comprehensive testing location for climatic simulations, dynamics, and EMI/EMC test services in Arizona. We deliver expertise for both the commercial and military sectors all the way from full qualification programs to early-stage design verification and R&D efforts.
From dynamics with vibration, shock, SRS, and acceleration, to climatic simulations with temperature, humidity, and altitude, to EMI/EMC testing with emissions, susceptibility, and high-power RF, Arizona’s premier test lab has the experience, expertise, and equipment to ensure all projects are executed with precision.
Tempe Featured Services
Vibration and Shock Testing
Element works with manufacturers from the very beginning to try and understand the implications of environmental compliance.
Solar Radiation Testing
Solar radiation testing simulates the deteriorating thermal and physical effects of UV sunlight on products and materials.
EMC Testing Services
Find out how Element delivers electromagnetic compatibility testing (EMC) solutions to RTCA/DO-160, MIL-STD-461 and Def-Stan 59-411 standards.
Sand and Dust Testing
Find out about Element’s sand and dust testing services to assess your product performance when exposed to desert sand and dust.
Thermal vacuum testing
Element's thermal vacuum testing allows for the simulation of space and upper atmosphere conditions, including temperature and altitude.
Thermal Shock Testing
From routine testing to complex, custom projects, our experts support test protocol development and specification selection for multiple types of mechanical shock testing.
Salt Spray Testing
Find out how our Engaged Experts conduct salt spray testing, or natural salt spray (NSS) to evaluate the integrity of a coating in a corrosive environment or to test the corrosion resistance of a product or material.
Dropped Objects Testing
Ensure dropped object prevention equipment functions safely and as designed with Element's testing services to ANSI/ISEA 121-2018 standards.
Element Tempe Specialties
EMI/EMC Testing with Emissions, Susceptibility, and High-Power RF
Element Tempe provides world-class electromagnetic interference (EMI) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing services so your time from design to market is as efficient as possible.
In addition, we offer EMI/EMC testing services to help our clients’ products meet a broad range of industry and government standards, namely RTCA/DO-160 and to MIL-STD-461 regulations. Fully backed by our ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation, our EMI/EMC services include:
• Radiated Susceptibility (10 kHz to 40 GHz, 200V/m)
• HIRF Testing 100 MHz to 18 GHz and Up to 7200 V/m pk
• Radiated Emissions from 30 Hz to 40 GHz
• MIL/AERO Semi-Anechoic Chambers
• Reverberation Chamber 200 MHz to 18 GHz
• Extended Ground Plane Test Beds
• Indirect Lightning-Single Stroke, Multiple Stroke, Multiple Burst (DO-160 Level 3, MIL-STD-461 Internal Equipment Levels)
• Electrical Power Characteristics Testing
• Airborne Acoustic Noise
• Shielding Effectiveness, Transfer Impedance
• Electrostatic Discharge Up to 30 kV
• USCAR-28 and AK-LV-16 compliance testing for airbag initiators
Dynamics with Vibration, Shock, SRS, Acceleration, and More
To ensure your products can withstand the extended forces caused by random vibrations — as well as the intense short-term forces from shocks, drops, and accelerations—there is no substitute for comprehensive dynamics testing. Element Tempe’s wide selection of dynamics, vibration, shock, and acceleration testing includes:
Electrodynamic and Mechanical Shaker Systems
• Up to 24,000 Force Pounds
• 5 Hz to 3000 Hz
• Up to 3" pk-pk Displacement
ETS I1045 Shaker System Vibration
• 24,000 lbf, 220 g, 2” pk-pk Displacement, Up to 80”/sec Velocity
• Shock 44,000 lbf, 3” pk-pk Displacement. Up 180”/sec Velocity
• 480kVA Amplifier
• 1,520 Pound Max Static Payload
• 3 centrifuges with arm radius lengths of 57, 36, and 11-Inches
• Up to 1,200 Gs
• Up to 40 Slip-Rings for powered and functional testing
• Multiple drop towers with up to 45-Foot Drop
• Package drop machines
Element Tempe Climatic Simulations - Temperature, Humidity, Altitude, and More
We can simulate any condition on earth - and beyond. At Element Tempe, we can simulate the conditions you need to ensure your product will operate as intended once in use. Whether it’s simulating the drastic thermal changes that a satellite component will face or the worst-case decompression event that a piece of avionics equipment might experience, our test equipment has you covered. We can test a wide range of products - even those that will eventually see use in the most extreme situations.
• From 2′ x 2 ‘ x 2′ to a 4′ x 6’x 8’ Walk-In Chamber
• Humidity up to 95%
• Temperature ramp rates up to 30C/min
• -150C to 150C
• Up 24”x24”x24”
• Liquid to Liquid Thermal Shock (6”x6”x6” Basket)
• Up to 100,000 Feet
Combined Environments (Temperature, Altitude, and Humidity)
• -180° to 175°C Space Simulation
• 1×10-6 Torr
• Multi-Zone Temperature Control Chambers
• 33”x33” Platen and Up to 36” High
Rapid and Explosive Decompression and Overpressure
Fluid Susceptibility Testing
Dust and Water Ingress (IP testing)
Blowing Sand and Dust
• Dust Storms up to 40mph
Rain and Wind
• Wind-Driven Rain up to 40mph
• Salt-fog, salt spray, and Cyclic Corrosion Testing.
• Three Walk-in Chambers with Irradiated Area Up to 20 Square Feet
• Heating Effects (MIL-STD-810 Procedure I)
• Actinic Effects (MIL-STD-810 Procedure II)