David has over seventeen years’ experience in the application of computational analysis to a variety of engineering problems, across many industries.
David studied Mechanical Engineering at Loughborough University before entering an engineering consultancy, largely focussed on the Oil and Gas industry. This provided a wide range of problems developing his skills in Computational Fluid Dynamics especially. After a short period work with CD-adapco, focussed on the development of CFD in the oil and gas industry, he joined Norton Straw Consultants.
In this role, and now with Element Digital Engineering David, has expanded the industries he has supported, to include aerospace, food and other energy sectors. He has used his skills gained and methods of approaching complex problems to take on detailed and complex problems with relevant and appropriate analysis technquies. David has also been instrumental in the growth of the business, developing a framework upon which the company has grown to offer a more diverse toolset of computational analysis techniques and data science.
David is based in the Derby office of Element Digital Engineering but works with closely with all technical staff across all offices.
- Supporting full-scale testing of subsea production equipment in Norway and Nigeria;
- Implementation of novel modelling techniques to assess and deliver design changes to aerospace oil emission challenges;
- Computational assessment of a wide range of separation methods, including a patent for gas-sand separation;
- Gas dispersion analysis for a number of land-based and offshore facilities, with respect to heli-ops, and noxious and flammable emissions;
- Assessment of deployment and in-service life of components for offshore wind installations.
- Fluid dynamics and computational fluid dynamics
- Thermal and separation analysis
- Safety case support analysis
- MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (MIMechE)
- Oil & Gas
- Food and beverage
- Marine/offshore dynamics
Connect with David on LinkedIn
Element Digital Engineering
Utilize modeling, simulation, data science, and other digital solutions to help our customers solve complex problems.
Our team helps you get the most from your assets and products at every stage of the lifecycle to help you to stay ahead of the competition.
Take your business on a digital transformation journey with Element to drive performance, predict future outcomes and solve complex problems.READ MORE