Carlos possesses over eight years of experience in data science and scientific computing. He is a specialist in software development, machine learning, simulation, optimization, and uncertainty quantification. Carlos takes pleasure in uncovering insights within data, which can then be utilized
Carlos, as the Lead Data Scientist at Element Digital Engineering, is tasked with spearheading the growth of the data science consulting services. He has a rich background in delivering bespoke solutions to intricate R&D challenges, primarily focusing on machine learning, software development, numerical simulation tools, and data acquisition. His notable contributions include:
- Stochastic discrete event simulation of mining systems dynamics.
- Semantic knowledge graph representation of business data.
- Development of both desktop and web applications.
- Design of experiments.
- Baking modeling optimization.
Before joining Element Digital Engineering, Carlos worked for a world-leading gas turbine company as a Combustion Aerothermal Researcher. There, he established new best practices for statistically quantifying and predicting combustion rumble from scarce test data, significantly contributing to the economical design of future low-emission aircraft engines.
Carlos is based in our Cambridge office.
- Data Science Capability Lead in an engineering and technology consultancy.
- Researcher in a multimillion-pound project for the civil aerospace division of a gas turbine manufacturer.
- Author of peer-reviewed journal papers.
- Development and deployment of COMSOL Multiphysics applications.
- Creation of machine learning models utilizing both simulation and experimental data.
- Expertise in the design of experiments and uncertainty quantification.
- PhD in Aerothermodynamics, Loughborough University
- MRes in Gas Turbine Aerodynamics, University of Cambridge
- MEng in Aeronautical Engineering, Loughborough University
- Comminution modeling for the mining industry.
- Development of simulations and methods for food cooking.
- Research in the aerospace sector.
Element Digital Engineering
Utilize modeling, simulation, data science, and other digital solutions to help our customers solve complex problems.
Our team helps you get the most from your assets and products at every stage of the lifecycle to help you to stay ahead of the competition.
Take your business on a digital transformation journey with Element to drive performance, predict future outcomes and solve complex problems.READ MORE