Marie Halliday is an internationally recognized expert in the coatings industry with a background in R&D, specification development & approval testing.
Marie has over 20 years of experience in the global industrial coatings sector, both laboratory and field based.
As Element's Global Coatings Specialist, Marie's role is to support all Element laboratories who conduct coatings related testing. In addition, she offers consultancy on coatings related matters.
With her background and knowledge, Marie can support coating failure investigation projects as well as advising on product specifications and testing programs.
During her years in the industry, Marie has been involved in many coatings related projects, including laboratory testing and failure investigations, field applications and assessments, as well as specification and testing protocol developments.
Professionally, Marie has been involved in many global coating and corrosion societies, where she helps drive development of industry guidelines and specifications to shape the future of coating testing technology.
- Development and Testing of New Generation High Temperature Corrosion Resistant Coatings: NACE 2005 (Also published in JPCL, April 2005)
- Field and Laboratory Testing of New Generation High Temperature Coatings: NACE 2006
- Preventing Corrosion Under Insulation – New Generation Solutions for an Age Old Problem: PACE/SSPC 2007
- Development and Testing of New Generation Coatings for Elevated Temperature Service: SSPC INDIA 2005
- NACE: Marie has been involved in the international oil and gas industry professional bodies for over 14 years holding many positions in committees. She has presented several papers and given technical presentations during many of the standards working groups and technical exchange sessions.
- Institute of Corrosion: Marie has been on the committee for the Institute of Corrosion Branch in North East since 2015. She is currently on the committee as Vice Chair.
- Others: Marie has presented papers at SSPC/PACE (USA), SSPC India, COTEQ (Brazil)