Rob is a chartered mechanical engineer with over 15 years’ experience in structural integrity assessment and asset management, through the use of complex computational analysis, damage tolerance assessment, mechanical testing, and safety case development.
Rob has spent most of his career in engineering consultancy, developing novel and cost-effective solutions to integrity management problems, as well as focused industrial training in structural integrity assessment, for clients across a range of industries across the globe.
He has extensive asset integrity management experience, focusing on deterministic and probabilistic, fracture mechanics of welded metallic components, supported by bespoke mechanical testing, materials performance modeling, and complex computational analysis.
Rob is based in our Cambridge office.
- Deterministic and probabilistic fitness-for-service and risk-based assessments, using complex finite element analysis and classical methods, to support monitoring and remediation of flawed and aging structures in safety-critical industries.
- Creep-fatigue crack growth assessments to support life extension of UK civil nuclear plants
- Interrogation of structural assessments, inspection reports, fabrication records, and materials test data to facilitate the authoring of robust safety cases.
- Organization of mechanical testing and subsequent development of material models, for use in supporting design decisions, optimization of in-service operation, and life extension cases, for components operating in demanding environments.
- Development and delivery of structural integrity training courses for engineers across the globe.
- Fracture mechanics
- Fitness for-service assessment
- Probabilistic and Risk-based assessment
- Finite element analysis
- Mechanical testing of welds
- Mechanical engineering
- CEng, member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- EngD in Nuclear Engineering
- MEng in Mechanical and Biomechanical Engineering
Sector ExpertiseConnect with Rob on LinkedIn.
Content by this Expert
Element Digital Engineering
Utilize modeling, simulation, data science, and other digital solutions to help our customers solve complex problems.
Our team helps you get the most from your assets and products at every stage of the lifecycle to help you to stay ahead of the competition.
Take your business on a digital transformation journey with Element to drive performance, predict future outcomes and solve complex problems.READ MORE